openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

My raid 6 array won't work on kernel higher than 4.14 bpo3.
    If I try 4.19, my Raid array block:

Source Code

1. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708804] INFO: task md127_raid6:270 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
    2. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708873] Tainted: G U E 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1
    3. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708953] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
    4. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.709030] md127_raid6 D 0 270 2 0x80000000
    I try all 4.18 and 4.19 kernel and it block my Raid array
    The 4.14 kernel is no more available in OMVExtra on my OMV Gui
    Is there a way for reinstall this kernel??
    Thanks
  • New

Using the Web gui I can't seem to get rsync to work.

I am trying to backup my openmediavault box to another nas.

I keep getting an error no matter what I try.

Rsync error: permission denied, please try again.

Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
    Next authentication method: password
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address.
    Authentication that can continue: publickey,password
    Permission denied, please try again
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address
    Permission denied (publickey,password).

Unexplained error code 255.

I am using username/password to authenticate.

I have manually ssh to the remote nas from openmediavault and vise versa to get keys in the known host files.

Seems as though rsync does not like username and pass for authentication and wants to try publickey.
  • New

What's up guys? 3 year OMV user. Absolutely love it! Anyways, I just ordered and received 32GB more DDR4 to go with the 64GB that I currently have. Also, I ordered 2x 512GB Intel 660p drives. Added those via PCI-E to a Supermicro x10dri board. One of the SSDs is setup as my boot drive, and I'm trying to decide what to do with the second one. I was thinking about using it to run my VMs, but I don't really have many VMs. I can run them on the boot drive if necessary. I usually only run one Windows VM. Normal ZFS array is 4x8TB 7200rpm disks in raidz configuration. Hoping to upgrade to 10TB sometime soon. My question is, would it be beneficial to setup L2ARC on the second NVME? Should I use the entire disk for L2ARC if so? Mostly the server is used for Plex, and some linux iso sharing ;). Also, I run some web apps from docker containers. I think only one of them uses databases. Nextcloud. Figure this should go on one of the SSDs. Anyways, please give me some input on how I should…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV über USB installieren

ToB204

Install bitwarden

Methy

Can't seem to get rsync to work...

silvershark

Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4

geaves

My NAS future build – some questions also

geaves

Recent Activities

• ToB204 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV über USB installieren.

Hello and thanks for the answer, yes the USB Drive is not recognized and is not displayed in the boot options.I wanted to run the script install, but the USB Drive with Debian on it is also not recognized
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install bitwarden.

yes it seems not too complicated but it would not be possible to install it in a container instead of installing it on the local system? (It avoids to save the OS and test on a model) What would be required is to launch a container from a debian image…
  • silvershark -

Replied to the thread Can't seem to get rsync to work....

Yeah, I saw that post. I made the assumption that I could just use the rsync Web gui to schedule rsync jobs remotely... Never had any luck. I kept fighting it thinking it was something I was doing. Come to find out it was the plug in not supporting…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Can't seem to get rsync to work....

This might be interesting, but it requires to have OMV on both machines. Rsync two OMV machines
  • macom -

Quote from Blabla: “But bitwarden is made by 5/6 containers, and I don't know how to set them up. ” Installation from here sounds quite straight forwared. I would just make a clone of my OS drive and try. If it does not work or you mess something up,…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4.

This is an old thread but it might be worth booting using a systemrescuecd.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

Quote from adi_tca: “I entered BIOS and there surprise: my SSD where I installed OMV was not seen in BIOS. ” From what I have searched for that Lenovo, when you say it's not seen is that within the Boot Option Menu? Quote from adi_tca: “But I…
  • Methy -

Hello, I wish I could do the same to have my bitwarder locally. I tested the fork via tutorial TDL (thx :)) but it did not work as I wanted. (I may have missed something) At the moment I'm using the official bitwarden server online and especially the…
  • bugado -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4.

Thread
    Hi, My raid 6 array won't work on kernel higher than 4.14 bpo3. If I try 4.19, my Raid array block: Source Code (4 lines)I try all 4.18 and 4.19 kernel and it block my Raid array The 4.14 kernel is no more available in OMVExtra on my OMV Gui Is there a…