openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated.

SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I got the notification from weekly SMART self check that the multizone error was discovered, today I received the notification about the pending sectors.

The pending sectors wait for their reallocation, how can I force this or trigger this?

The ZFS pool is still availabe, backups are done already.

Is the removal of the disk, zero whipe it, encrypt it again and adding it back to the ZFS mirror pool an solution?
  • New

Hallo,

irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?!

Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte.

- p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein
    - p2 wird die eigentliche System Partition sein, oder
    - p3 kann ich als Frei nutzen und auch Daten darauf ablegen (Zur Zeit nutze ich diese unter anderem für die Plex Datenbank)

Wie jedoch zu sehen ist, wird p2 bald voll !!! Dies passiert leider immer wieder mal das sie voll ist und ich komme dann nicht mir übers WebUI auf den Server.
    Dann muss ich per SSH immer erstmal Log Dateien löschen damit es wieder läuft.

Dies würde ich gerne vermeiden ...

- Zum einen was kann ich tun, das die Partition nicht immer wieder mit Log Dateien und Aktualisierungsreste etc zufüllt ?

- Des weiteren, wie kann ich die Partition vergrößern ? Oder dem System sagen das es auch p4 nutzen kann ?

- Warum heißt p4 Systemplatte ?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen

Grüße & Danke vorab
    Torsten
  • New

I hope it's the right session.
    I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside.
    do I have to log in as root or as a simple user?
    if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders and if I do cd /New folder directly appears bash: cd: / new folder: File or directory does not exist,
    where am I wrong?
    sorry but I'm a newbie and sorry for the english :/

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Root login issue

Jieta25460

Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar

barney5

Force reallocation of pending sectors

riff-raff

Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden

FlotteTotte

SSH for newbie

jollyrogr

Recent Activities

• Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

I don't like the result ... I should install again the system on a new media ... I know the best is to install it on a hard disk but there isn't little hard disk, USB key is better for it !
  • Jieta25460 -

Yes my system has been installed with official OMV ISO... there is only a 'local' access ... I don't touch any parameters to have a external access but maybe there is one I don't know. Maybe the USB key where is install the OS is failing more and more…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Source Code (6 lines) Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (10 lines)Source Code (21 lines) Source Code (3 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

You should be able to look at dmesg as a regular user. Did you install this setup from the OMV iso? What is the output of sudo dmesg | tail -n10 I'm really starting to wonder if you system has been hacked or if the install media is failing. Is it on…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Time for RMA ended August 26, 2018, the drives have more than 26k hours runtime, I have them for quite a while. Zeroing might help, I keep that in mind, but does the drive an correction by assigning new areas by itself or do I need to force it to do…
  • FlotteTotte -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Ja nen Paar Infos zu meinem System wären wohl sinnvoll :D NAS --> GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H, i3-7100, 8 GB RAM, OMV 4 System auf MP500 Series 120GB M.2 NVMe, 7x 4TB WD RED Die Logs kann man sich doch auch direkt in der OMV Oberfläche ansehen, oder mit mc…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

what do you mean by "cards you created"? In order to avoid messing up file permissions its best to move files around remotely using samba shares or FTP or NFS, etc. If you want to do it on OMV via SSH, the files are located in the /srv directory. The…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

community.wd.com/t/wd-red-4tb-with-pending-sectors/167769 Zeroing the drive may get rid of the errors. I have had success with that. If you get more errors it might be time to RMA.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

I think you're confused about what unionFS does... unionFS or mergerFS merely combines file systems on discrete physical drives so that it appears to the user as one large file system. When you get a 3rd disk, you can setup snapraid with 2 data disks…
  • Jieta25460 -