openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would support or have drivers for.

Anyone know of any supported cards as I wouldn’t want to buy one to find out it doesn’t work with OMV.

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component.

I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update.
    I only configure some users and shares

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    I have also this error

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.

What are these errors ?

How to solve them ?

Thank you.
  • New

Hi all, i am using Openmediavault for a time now, and i have to reboot it to much ( like > every day )

I running OMV on a Raspberry pi with a 1TB external hard disk ( laptop disk )

I want to use it with my Phone's ( android ) and windows SAMBA.

When i want to transfer big files to the OMV it hangs after a while and the only sollution is restart.

I am tired of resetting it, and restart it and dont be able to transfer big files.

I am out of option, thats why i ask you guys for help.

I dont know allot of these things so i hope you can help me out and find out whats wrong with my setup.

Thx and greetings.
  • New

Hello,

now i want to show you my new OMV-NAS-Setup:

Hardware
    CaseInter-Tech IPC SC-4100
    78 €
    MainboardAsrock J4105-ITX J4105 Gemini lake
    86 €
    RAM4GB Crucial CT4G4SFS824A DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM CL17 Single
    35 €
    SSDCRUCIAL BX300 SSD, 480 GB SSD
    69 €
    HDD *2* WD My Book Desktop 8 TB [RAID 1]
    300 €
    power supply, internPico PSU 120W (red)
    18 €
    power supply externSALCAR 12V [10A – 120W]
    19 €
    TOTAL without SSD / HDD
    236 €
    TOTAL with SSD / HDD
    605 €

* WD MyBook – case opened -> WD80EZAZ inside (like WDRed8, 256 MB Cache) – works in NAS without SATA-PIN-Modification

Power consuption:
    STATEWATTREMARKS
    IDLE #1~ W [have to check this again]OMV4 + SSD
    IDLE #2~ W [have to check this again]OMV4 + SSD + 2*3,5“HDD

Actual running dockers:
    • Heimdall
    • Plex
    • JDownloader
    • Nextcloud + Onlyoffice
    • MariaDB
    • Letsencrypt
    • Openhab

Problem with HDD (RAID) - spindown / sleep :?:
    I have all Systemdata / docker / config / clouddata and actual PLEX-Series on SSD.
    Plex-Auto-Libraryscan iss set to off!
    But my 3,5“ HDD’s won’t go to…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

The Class E Network

geaves

update check

Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4

jollyrogr

Network gone after update

donh

SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?

TroyO

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Sorry looking back at that post it sounds confusing, I've only got one dhcp running (on the main omv) lease time is one day and this uses the current Docker pi-hole. But due to the satellite stuff, I'll need to reduce the lease time so that when/if I…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

not sure if it matters, but I always use the command omv-update
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Network gone after update.

I installed and updated with no problem. I did leave the nic set to dhcp, did you set an ip? Did you update by cli or web ui?
  • TroyO -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?.

The whole idea was using "crap I already had" LOL. I get its not ideal, but I'm also not expecting much in the way of performance.... home use, 2 users.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

Thread
    I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would…
  • Xanderlicious -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Hey all, I have had similar issues unable to uninstall so tried to delete the docker files and then apt-get clean hoping that i could just then re-install docker from scratch but to no avail. Still get the api-port error Apt-get clean keeps giving…
  • MerAnges -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

Thread
    Hello, I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component. I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update. I only configure some users and shares Quote: “Exception…
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

With cloud solution I mean something like Nextcloud. Have a look at it and maybe it fits into your setup. You could host it external in a data center if theconnection is bad just between A and B. A possibility is to have OMV in location A and create a…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

On the log file and access, after checking the user list, it seems unbound adds a user - if you want to tighten access. (Not much point in it - it's a single log file.) You were right about the browser and pi-holes strange behavior. I used IE for the…