openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

ZFS Degraded Pool

flmaxey

[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

bmhj2

Export a directory on the local disk mounted by NFS

humba

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

ellnic

UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc

RobertR728

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Quote from bookie56: “I have redone another server....and would like to transfer files from my zfs server....Yes, I can do that via network....but takes too long when it is several TB'sI was wondering about mounting the zfs pool from a Debian…
  • bmhj2 -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from bmhj2: “Thanks. From my reading of the manual, -e only applies to the 'fix' command. Should I use -E (upper case), or am I misunderstanding the manual? Sorry - just want to be clear before setting this…
  • humba -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Export a directory on the local disk mounted by NFS.

Thanks for the hint. I had a look for the remotemount plugin. Is it this one :Github Remotemount plugin ? How to install it ? Is there a *.deb package somewhere ? Or can i simply download the files from github and copy it to the OMV host ? I read your…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from markbanang: “ Yup, definitely happily running with those steps. I slipped in a pair of old zfs disks which formed a mirrored pool and they imported as expected. Zpool status returns what I expect, and it successfully completed a scrub…
  • RobertR728 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc.

I would try Rufus it's a free program to make usb sticks bootable. If that don't work you might need to be sure your pc bios is set to boot from a usb drive. If neither of them work try a different brand usb drive.
  • markbanang -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from ellnic: “are you sure you're up and running? Can you actually issue a zpool command from the terminal and get an output from it? ” Yup, definitely happily running with those steps. I slipped in a pair of old zfs disks which formed a…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked tinh_x7’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    With two or more NICS, your computer has better speed, and performance. Some mode like RR, TLB...Try out each of them to see the result. I'm using TLB.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Quote from bookie56: “How does OMV mount my raid array in fstab? I can't make head or tail of this... Just so I am certain when things go pearshaped.... ” This is what I have for a BTRFS formatted RAID5 array. As it seems, there's no reference in…
  • terencefaul -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot Mount Disk.

It looks as if I have more than one entry in the fstab referent to the same dive, however if I delete these entries they just come back on reboot
  • afremont -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot Mount Disk.

cat /proc/filesystems and see if it's listed. If not, you might be out of luck, unless you can manually load a module for it. If it can't automatically identify it, you might be able to specify some extra arguments to the mount command. -t ifs…