openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Using 3rd partition on mmcblk0 for root?

KM0201

OMV4 Keeps Freezing

kjacobs

Unable to complete file system creation

Nefertiti

[SOLVED] Permission Denied when Emby Server accessing sharedfolders

macnb

install problem

votdev

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Using 3rd partition on mmcblk0 for root?.

Quote from NasAxMan: “Maybe this output from df -h gives a hint what's using my rootfs? forum.openmediavault.org/index…26ede771f4688e0c90029c929 sorry for "silly" questions, I'm not yet really familiar with raspberry/linux (but working on it) :thumbup:
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Using 3rd partition on mmcblk0 for root?.

Like (Post)
    The way I would do it: Remove the SD card and insert it into my Linux laptop with a SD card reader. Start gparted. Delete the third partition. Resize the second partition. But if you really need to do this you are doing something wrong. Seriously.…
  • search the forum for examole for "weakref.py" and you will find Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x
  • RazvanS -

Liked thexma’s post in the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Like (Post)
    thank you @Wolf2000, replace new lines fixed it: line 109: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self)): replace with: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref): line 117: _remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key) replace with:
  • kjacobs -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 Keeps Freezing.

Just an update.....suspicions were confirmed on the OS hard drive. I re-imaged a new OS hard drive and the system has been purring along great ever since. So, the original OS hard drive was obviously having sporadic problems. Thanks for the help. Ken
  • a1b2c3 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x /etc is group writable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from a1b2c3: “I also tried 4.0.14 - same result with writable permissions. I thought that it could be related to a debian installation with root only and no regular user accounts created at startup. This wasn't the case. ” Most of my…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to complete file system creation.

UPDATE actually I forgot to mention it was an external disk in enclosure with USB interface so i shucked it and used the sata from the rockpro 64 and bingo no issue now I have to check If I can still use it with USB interface in term of reliability
  • chillpillhill -

Now follows ryecoaaron.

Follow
  • macnb -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x [SOLVED] Permission Denied when Emby Server accessing sharedfolders.

Problem solved. I finally fixed it. It was a permission issue and so simple (and obvious now). Some how, the ownership of /sharedfolder got changed to macnb:users (which has UID's 1000:100). I put it back to admin:users (which has UID's 998:100) and…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) core install problem.

Can you give us more information about the system and how you have installed OMV. The above log output does not help to identify the problem.