openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I'm running latest version on my HP N40L Microserver from internal sata, but i'm thnking on moving the installation to a usb stick in order to save that sata port for an additional storage drive. My questions

-What will the results be when booting off that usb stick? Like how much more loading time for OMV when booting, and other performance marks
    -Can i migrate my installation with some partition tool like AOMEI backupper or other in order to be more seamless and save me some time from performaing a clean OS installation and reseting the server
    -Other tips on improving performance and life expency of the driver
  • New

Hello,

i often receive this kind of email from my Open media vault on Raspberry Pi. Storage consists of two usb drives one for storage and one for nightly rsync backup.

Subject: monit alert -- Filesystem flags changed fs_srv_dev-disk-by-label-storage001bck

Filesystem flags changed Service fs_srv_dev-disk-by-label-storage001bck
    Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 05:19:36
    Action: alert
    Host: nas001
    Description: filesytem flags changed to 0x1008
    Your faithful employee,
    Monit

May someone help me to understand this kind of messages?

Thanks, regards

Gianluca
  • New

Hi,
    as of today my OMV is "broken". It lets me login as admin, but afterwards when it displays the "services" and "system" boxes it says loading within these boxes and then after a while it says "communication error".
    I can login by ssh. I've rebooted, but nothing helps. At one try the upper box filled with live but then again "freezes". I can use the menue tree on the left side. It updates the content area on the right with corresponding boxes, but none of those is filled. Always "loading" and then "communication error". Since the web-interface isn't useable, I can't tell you the exact OMV-version I'm running.
    Any hint? Thx!

PS: When it freezes, it also freezes my Firefox 57.0.1 ! That's heavy stuff. I have to "kill" FF.
    PPS: If you need logfiles, let me know
  • New

Hallo,

ich habe ein Snapraid mit 5 Festplatten im Einsatz (1 Pari und 4 Daten) alle 3 TB.
    Auf dieses kann ich über mergerfs zwar zugreifen aber bekomme keine Schreibberechtigung.
    Ich kann zwar Ordner erstellen aber nichts hineinkopieren.
    Habe noch 2 weitere NFS Freigaben (DatenBackup) die Einwandfrei funktionieren.
    Auf home1 bekomme ich einfach kein Schreibberechtigung.

Jemand eine Idee ?

Danke und Grüße

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick

tkaiser

Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?

tkaiser

Raid5 inactive- Need help please

• kaly
  • kaly

kaly

RAID1 disapear after reboot

jodumont

Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

jodumont

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick.

Quote from therock003: “What will the results be when booting off that usb stick? ” That depends solely on the USB stick in question. The cheap and counterfeit stuff is mostly made from flash memory ripped out of recycled smartphones while you can…
  • therock003 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick.

Thread
    I'm running latest version on my HP N40L Microserver from internal sata, but i'm thnking on moving the installation to a usb stick in order to save that sata port for an additional storage drive. My questions -What will the results be when booting off…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

Quote from jodumont: “if you need more I/O from your storage ZFS with ZIL and ZLOG will blow any competition (we speaking about 5times faster) ” Have you read the use case? This is almost 'cold storage' here with large media files that are accessed…
  • kaly -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raid5 inactive- Need help please.

Quote from flmaxey: “Reading data, to backup, is far easier for failing disks to withstand than a recovery/rebuild would be. If you can't backup files anymore, I doubt that it's possible to successfully recover a disk. (But I'll cross my fingers for…
  • jodumont -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RAID1 disapear after reboot.

thanks for you reply @Sc0rp why this layout ? because md0 and md1 are SSD md2 are SATA Drive how would you make it ? Anyway I reinstall with the same layer, but define everything during the installation and everything fine now
  • jodumont -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

By experience if you need more I/O from your storage ZFS with ZIL and ZLOG will blow any competition (we speaking about 5times faster) don't be a fool, you could use a partition to make this cache you don't have to dedicate a drive for each of…
  • jodumont -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

I had this error on after installed the omv-flashmemory plugin on OMV 4 installed from the OMV.iso on a SSD as mentioned by Aaron in comment #14 the Source Code (2 lines)fix my issue, at least for the moment
  • tkaiser -

Quote from vshaulsk: “I have good experience with mdadm raid6/ext4 as this is what I have been running for years. No issues, no trouble rebuilding the array, no trouble growing the array..... no issues when I have had to hard reboot the…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “It might not be advisable to use BTRFS for RAID 5/6. It's not stable in the versions we have in userland. ” The latter is wrong (the bugs live in the kernel code mostly for scrub and recovery) and the former needs an…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from vshaulsk: “I won't use some of its features like snapshots ” Then you would miss some of the most attractive ZFS features: znapzend.org (If you started to send snapshots around you'll never return to rsync/rsnapshot)