openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi there,

I have just installed OMV 4 on my odroid C2, and during update after the first installation onn hte end of the procces I got error:

Source Code

1. Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.11) ...
    2. Updating locale files ...
    3. Updating file permissions ...
    4. Purging internal cache ...
    5. Restarting engine daemon ...
    6. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
    7. Traceback (most recent call last):
    8. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    9. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    10. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
    11. Traceback (most recent call last):
  • New

I updated my nas from omv3 to omv4 and found that after updating, OpenZwave USB is missing in the hardware list of the Domoticz plugin.

I have this combinations and the result is the following:

OMV4.1.11 + Domoticz plugin 3.1 (from omv-extras 4.x - stable) = Openzwave USB missing in hardware list
    OMV3.0.99 + Domoticz plugin 3.0 (from omv-extras 3.x - testing) = Openzwave USB in hardware list

I would like to use omv4, how could I add openzwave to the hardware list?

Thanks
  • New

I'm running OMV 3.x on a standalone PC

I have a DNS-323 running Alt-F firmware.

The DNS-323 shares are visible to my Windows PCs read-write

IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.8

The share I have available is as it was on the original DNS-323 firmware:

Volume_1

there's a "music" folder in there, all my music is stored in that branch.

I want the Plex server running on OMV to see the music folder on the DNS-323 as the source of "Music" data... so I want to mount the DNS-323 "Music" folder as the "Music" folder for Plex.

I've tried using OMV 3 Remote Mount plugin and also tried editing /etc/fstab to set up the CIFS share.

First: should I be using only one or the other of the "edit /etc/fstab method" or "use Remote Mount OMV plugin"?

Second, can someone help my out as to what the command line should be assuming:

Permissions on the DNS-323 data I want to share are:

myworkgroup
    myuserid
    mypassword

I've been trying for hours and feel like I'm going in circles.

Thanks in advance.…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

indragm

Error during packages update

eskimos2000

Increasing Raid1 filesystem size

trey.merkley

OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin

ryecoaaron

Syncthing: webgui settings are not saved

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• indragm -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from indragm: “I wish I could use my pine64 since I have it anyway ” sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ngle%20Board%20Computers/ There is no difference in "NAS performance" between an Allwinner A64 thing like Pine64 and Allwinner…
  • eskimos2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Error during packages update.

A I tried to enable plugin Docker and failed: Source Code (10 lines)Such a pity, but I remember that once Docker failed to install because I had this file corrupted: File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py, maybe this is the same? But I checked md5 before…
  • trey.merkley -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Increasing Raid1 filesystem size.

I haven't added anything new to the drives, so the old drive should have all of my data. Can I just copy from it? Additionally, I only have 4gb of memory. Is that enough?
  • eskimos2000 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Error during packages update.

Thread
    Hi there, I have just installed OMV 4 on my odroid C2, and during update after the first installation onn hte end of the procces I got error: Source Code (14 lines)Any suggestion what is it?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin.

Quote from GeorgeP: “for some unknown reason the lease network isn't coming up (its blank when pulled down) ” You have to have a static ip address for the system.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Increasing Raid1 filesystem size.

Quote from trey.merkley: “As for the other question about converting to a btrfs system, should I post in a new thread? ” You don't have to. It would be easy to convert the filesystem to btrfs but actually use btrfs for pooling (replacing mdadm), I…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Syncthing: webgui settings are not saved.

Try clearing your browser cache. Are you sure the plugin installed correctly? What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV extra - plexmediaserver plugin not found.

Quote from squ4nchy: “Do you have any further insights into a resolution for this issue? Is this cert issue only apparent on OMV 4.x? ” As I mentioned before, I don't know what causes this or how to fix it. It is not an OMV issue. It just affects…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openzwave USB is not in the hardware list of Domoticz plugin 3.1.

Because the pre-built domoticz packages require a version of SSL that is too old for OMV 4.x/Debian Stretch, I had to build the package. When compiling, I couldn't get the openzwave support to compile. I will look to see if it is compiling on a newer…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Trying to mount RAID media server for OMV / Plex.

First - if you want to use the GUI, avoid doing operations on the command line unless it's absolutely required. In some cases CLI changes are erased as of the next, on demand, configuration change. Other possible changes can break OMV's DB or the…