openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Missing documentation, add disk to RADI6

bvrulez

docker haugene/docker-transmission-op​envpn in raspberry pi create by Dockerfile.armhf show /etc/openvpn/start.sh: Permission denied in log

Eryan

OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon)

tkaiser

Degraded Array

Shared HDD suddenly goes missing

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Missing documentation, add disk to RADI6.

I was able to add a spare disk via command line following this guide (without the conversion from RAID5 to 6 of course, because I already have RAID6): ewams.net/?date=2013/05/02&vie…g_RAID5_to_RAID6_in_mdadm However, I still don't know what the problem…
  • What are the differences between using OMV's native OpenVPN plugin vs a docker container? I've been using the plugin for some time now without issues, but I was wondering if the docker version makes it easier to configure other aspects of OpenVPN (if…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “I proposed to evaluate a 'NAS HAT' to FriendlyELEC's CEO and fortunately he seems to agree ” Good news. In the meantime FriendlyELEC picked up the suggestion, made a prototype and tested it already:
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Degraded Array.

Thread
    I'm runnung a OMV 3 System on a QNAP-TS. I'm using it as a rsync-Server to backup my production Server on OMV 4. Installed the SYstem in a HD and the backup-Data on a single HD. Every time the production server is backing up I get the message " A…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from flmaxey: “this is a forum of opinions only ” Sure, if you want to sabotage solving user problems, then that's the way to go. In case you're not able to understand why recommending fdisk in 2018 is BS nobody can't help you. But with some…
  • skorpi08 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET.

Like (Post)
    Versuch mal mit Filezilla über SFTP zu verbinden. Dazu braucht der FTP server auf OMV nicht zu laufen. Der user muß nur in der SSH Gruppe sein. PS: beim Editieren von Linux System-Dateien unter Windows muß man vorsichtig sein. Klappt nicht mit jedem…
  • skorpi08 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET.

Like (Post)
    Quote from skorpi08: “Weiß nur grad nicht warum SFTP überhaupt installiert und aktiviert ist. ” SFTP basiert auf SSH und der Service läuft standardmäßig auf OMV. Sonst könnt man sich nicht per terminal mit OMV verbinden.
  • flmaxey -

I have a post stuck in a queue. As far as tools go, for testing hard drives, the recommendation for using the manufacture's diagnostic tools is the best course for determining drive health. It's their…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from geaves: “the old ways presented the op with information he understood ” Well, /proc/partitions is sufficient to get an idea what the kernel recognizes as partition. Using outdated tools will make things even worse since now the tool itself can…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET.

Quote from skorpi08: “Weiß nur grad nicht warum SFTP überhaupt installiert und aktiviert ist. ” SFTP basiert auf SSH und der Service läuft standardmäßig auf OMV. Sonst könnt man sich nicht per terminal mit OMV verbinden.