openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Grafana/Cockpit dashboard plugin. What do you use to monitor system resources remotely?

raid 5 with 2 disks possible?

ryecoaaron

Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

ryecoaaron

VirtualBox4 not starting after recent update

Pixelized

Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Itejawi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Grafana/Cockpit dashboard plugin. What do you use to monitor system resources remotely?.

Thread
    Hi guys, I'm new to the community, but wanted to check what kind of monitoring tools you guys use for monitoring your setups? Any tips? Ideas? Tricks? Thanks.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x raid 5 with 2 disks possible?.

Quote from filledk: “can I raid 5 2 disks and extend it with more disks in a few weeks ” Not from the web interface and it is a bad idea anyway since you would lose all data if one disk failed. Quote from filledk: “also: what other RAID method do…
  • Genna -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x raid 5 with 2 disks possible?.

hello, raid5 starts only from 3 disks. Maybe you should able to start from Raid1 (2 discs) and then, transform to raid5 by adding Third disc. in this case, i 'd rather choose raid5 with 3 disks starting from scratch.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Quote from SteveMann: “Is there a way to find what is handled in "module r8169" or if it's a feature that I will regret not having? ” What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep firmware Quote from SteveMann: “Am I correct that the SMART error is what…
  • SteveMann -

Sorry about the duplicate posts. When I clicked on "Submit", I got an error back: The server encountered an unresolvable problem, please try again later. Exception ID: 8ad971854b3fddf83acc9e1f8251add423ad21e0 So, I wait a minute and try "submit" again,…
  • filledk -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x raid 5 with 2 disks possible?.

Thread
    Heyo all, so I just got a new motherboard and case I currently run OMV on 1 160GB disk and data on 1 500GB disk, so I'm gonna replace the case and Motherboard and run raid 5 (with 6 data-disks) only problem is that my motherboard only have 4 SATA ports,…
  • SteveMann -

Thanks for the quick reply. As you suspected, adding the line didn't make any difference, but OMV4 seems to be running just fine. Is there a way to find what is handled in "module r8169" or if it's a feature that I will regret not having? I did go…
  • Pixelized -

Replied to the thread VirtualBox4 not starting after recent update.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “apt-get purge linux-image-4.13.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 linux-image-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 Just be careful it doesn't remove any packages you want to keep.” Thanks Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através do Tapatalk
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread VirtualBox4 not starting after recent update.

apt-get purge linux-image-4.13.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 linux-image-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 Just be careful it doesn't remove any packages you want to keep.