openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtualbox Guest addition where ?

ryecoaaron

Shared Files no longer accessible

subzero79

Not work MySQL backup

ryecoaaron

OMV 3.0 - no SMB, plugin update not working, can not instal OMVEXTRAS

ryecoaaron

missing omv-letsencrypt command

gadric

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Virtualbox Guest addition where ?.

I guess it is too hard for me to explain. I will see about making a video.
  • yds -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from yds: “My understanding is that clicking the "install guest settings" is that the VB is supposed to automatically mount the ISO in the guest and then run it. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I admittedly…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from yds: “My understanding is that clicking the "install guest settings" is that the VB is supposed to automatically mount the ISO in the guest and then run it. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I admittedly am a VB noob ” That is…
  • yds -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I'm not sure where it needs to be to "install" it but you can put it anywhere (as long as the vbox user has privileges to access it) for attaching to the VM. You could even download the iso to the guest and extract it to run…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Shared Files no longer accessible.

Instead of using the hostname (raspberry) use the IP address maybe. Also one of the errors there says Movies is not available but Movies2. You might want to review you shared folders in samba.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Not work MySQL backup.

Quote from dzooky: “Could not open required defaults file: /etc/openmediavault/mysqldump.cnf ” That is a temporary file created by the code - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ngined/rpc/mysql.inc#L242 No idea why that is failing on your system.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.0 - no SMB, plugin update not working, can not instal OMVEXTRAS.

1 - Works for me. Try watching the videos I made - OMV Setup Videos Not being able to access is a permissions issue. Maybe your files still have the old user id from your previous install. The resetperms plugin might help. 2 - "shows errors" is not…
  • gadric -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x missing omv-letsencrypt command.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x missing omv-letsencrypt command.

Quote from gadric: “I justed reinstall OMV 3.0 as my system HDD crashed. I also reinstalled the lastest letsencrypt version. The setup works fine and I can also generate a valid certificate. However, I am not able to create a cron job. When I try to…
  • Looks like the omv package got into inconsistent state. Try run apt-get install —reinstall openmediavault