openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

indragm

Shared HDD suddenly goes missing

geaves

General discussion moved from another thread!!

geaves

Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_us​ers ?

Pi-hole in doker network problem

geaves

Recent Activities

• indragm -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

thanks to @tkaiser and @flmaxey who lead me to here and made me realize that raspi is not the only SBM fitting for OMV. Been using raspberrypi for ages, but recently I had an issue where one of my external hdd attached to it lose a partition, and poof,…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from indragm: “reattached the external hdd to omv, but now it doesn't detect the partition at all, listed under /dev/sda/ but no partition ” ssh into the Pi and do fdisk /dev/sda this will give the partition table on that disk
  • indragm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

can we go back to why my external hdd suddenly has no partition first? lol
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from flmaxey: “I took a page from your book and built OMV on another AMD machine. ” :thumbsup: I don't think there is anything wrong with using old hardware, if it's going to do a specific job within a SOHO environment, particularly like yours having a low…
  • mrperfektone -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Thread
    I'm getting this error on mail - And there are several other users in here who have asked how to fix the problem but no answer? - There must be a developer who knows how to solve the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Quote from Nefertiti: “But I checked from a browser without add blocking and it is not working ” Yes, add Pi-Holes DNS ip address to your router and apply your changes, but for clients to get the new settings, for windows using Command Prompt you can…
  • drwhowhogrub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

I think Im to late to vote but I would like to see a seafile video!! Thanks
  • Stonebaker -

Liked Baron1971’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Jdownloader.

Like (Post)
    JDownloader works also without Docker! You can do this: cd /tmp apt-get install -t jessie-backports ca-certificates-java openjdk-8-jre-headless mkdir -p /opt/jdownloader cd /opt/jdownloader wget installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader.jar java -jar…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Quote from flmaxey: “The address is fine so long as it's in your network and NOT the server's IP address. That appears to be the case. Your server is 192.168.2.150. Pi-hole is 192.168.2.155 so all should work. However, from a previous post, I…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

I got my old EX470 up and running OMV4! :thumbup: It has a 100mbs NIC, 2GB ram, and performance is not high (passmark 475) but it's an AMD Sempron which is 64bit and it has to be faster that an R-PI. And, it's designed for low power consumption. The hardware…