openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

A newbie here.. some simple questions iv'e tried to find out, with limit google success.

Target hardware:
    I thinking of using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE for a smal NAS. Adding a 2.5" HDD or SSD and 4GB of ram, and using the onboard 4GB "disk" for OS..
    (I hope to be able to "rackmount" the Intel NUC somehow.. any suggestions on the rackmount solution for that NUC is welcome but outside topic. )

The purpose is replacing the "NAS" that is included in Shibby Tomato router firmware. So very simple usage, performance, demands, except for dataloss. If it fails during a write is okay, but "cant have" loss of old data. Though one always like performance when I use it ^^ .

Questions:
    - Does OMV support storage levels like SSD as primary storage and USB as "cold" storage? Easy?
    - Does OMV support USB-backup easily, or can I use two units as master/slave?

Any other comments is welcome :)
  • New

Dear All,

I am using OMV server version 3.0.91 and i have a huge problem.
    I have added rule on firewall to log input connection. This worked fine. I saw all log in system logs. But when i wanted to remove that rule it is missing from firewall panel.. but it is still logging... and i cant stop it. i checked /etc/rsyslog.conf but i do not found any rule which is responsible for such logging. Could you please tell me how can i stop logging this ? (now i have got full log of connections)? Please see attachment (as you can see rule is missing... but still logging is turned on...

(i did server restart also but it does not help)
    Regards,
    W
  • New

I have a 6 disk RAID 6 that is no longer working following a reboot. 3 of the disks seem to be ok, but the remaining 3 disks don't even show the correct partition type ( through 'fdisk -l') and likewise claim to have no superblocks (when trying 'mdadm --assemble'). Running blkid shows 3 disks with the correct UUID, Label, and type, but the three remaining disks with only varying PTUUIDs and a PTTYPE of 'gpt'. I've scoured Google and can't seem to find anything similar that's happened to anyone else. Using testdisk, I can see that pieces are intact, so I suspect it is recoverable, but have no idea where to begin.

And yes, I know the first response should be "Restore from backups!" sadly, that's not an option in this case as I haven't made any in some time. (Bad sysadmin!)

Any ideas on where I should begin? I may even be willing to pay for some assistance on this.
  • New

Dear friends,

i am running a OMV-Raid build with OMV3 and the switched to OMV4.
    The raid has 5 8GB disk drives used as a RAID6 device. The i decided
    to add another disk (same type same vedor), The disk appears in the
    drive but when i went to raid-menu and selected the raid and push the
    enlarge (vergrößern) Button the disk was added to the raid (as a sparse
    disk), so the capacity did not changed.

How can i redraw this setting and use the drive hda as an active device
    extending the raid capacity?

# mdadm --detail /dev/md127
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /dev/md127:
    Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Sat Jul 23 23:15:41 2016
    Raid Level : raid6
    Array Size : 23441685504 (22355.73 GiB 24004.29 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 7813895168 (7451.91 GiB 8001.43 GB)
    Raid Devices : 5
    Total Devices : 6
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Intent Bitmap : Internal

Update Time : Mon Jan 22 21:41:01 2018
    State : clean
    Active Devices : 5
    Working Devices : 6

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

docker - modify machine "forgets" paramters

subzero79

Firewall Log rule missing

subzero79

Suggestions and comments for a smal / simple NAS using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE

avahi-daemon necessary?

perler

RAID 6 corrupt/failed/otherwise not working

Recent Activities

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) docker - modify machine "forgets" paramters.

I think I know. Maybe the host ip 0.0.0.0 that the plugin uses by default. When changing a container that was created from cli is usually 8080:80 vs the plugin 0.0.0.0:8080:80 So it probably fails to validate the ports if the host ip is not present when…
  • nicjo814 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) docker - modify machine "forgets" paramters.

I have to test this too. Haven't noticed it myself before.
  • subzero79 -

I think the port settings get lost when you select a restart policy. I am not 100% sure but should be a bug in js probably. What do you think @nicjo814 ?
  • iguana007 -

Liked bbm’s post in the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Like (Post)
    Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • subzero79 -

Could be a bug. It has happened to me once or twice. But I haven’t been able to reproduce it as I try the second time it works. I’ll test it later with that line see what happens.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Firewall Log rule missing.

Just add any rule through the web panel. That should flush both chains.
  • rudis -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggestions and comments for a smal / simple NAS using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE.

Thread
    Hi, A newbie here.. some simple questions iv'e tried to find out, with limit google success. Target hardware: I thinking of using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE for a smal NAS. Adding a 2.5" HDD or SSD and 4GB of ram, and using the onboard 4GB "disk" for OS..
  • ramar -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Firewall Log rule missing.

Thread
    Dear All, I am using OMV server version 3.0.91 and i have a huge problem. I have added rule on firewall to log input connection. This worked fine. I saw all log in system logs. But when i wanted to remove that rule it is missing from firewall panel..…
  • perler -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

yes, you are right, I could have disabled it in the container. but anyways, I don't need either autodiscovery.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

Is port 5353. I think if you’re using bridge mode you don’t need to forward those upd ports as in that mode their will be no broadcast. Be aware auto Upnp discovery in plex clients won’t work.