openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

RSync quit after 40 minutes

Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -

Adoby

DuckDNS: Generate SSL certificate via CLI - Use it in OMV 4.x web UI automatically upon renewal?

howto mount drives without loss of data (NOOB)

geaves

Ipv6 Network not reachable

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -.

My Plex data folder /var/lib/plexmediaserver is around 19 GB. (Now unused.) My Emby data folder /var/lib/emby is around 1 GB. I have Emby store images and other metadata together with the media files. So it *might* be possible to keep the Emby data…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread howto mount drives without loss of data (NOOB).

No, follow this thread to confirm that this is the only way to remove that zfs signature on all of your drives have a look here
  • Joe_PS -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

Like (Post)
    As the USB Toshiba HDD is connected to the FritzBox I would search the FritzBox Documentation/Forum or Toshiba Documentation. Probably there is nothing that can be done from the NAS with OMV. Except of not reading from or writing to the HDD. Why do you…
  • Joe_PS -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

Thanks macom for your quick reply. I have used the Fritz!Box + ext. HDD as a NAS, which runs very reliable and stable. The OrangePi Zero Plus does only have an USB 2.0 port (with limited electrical power resources), but the Toshiba HDD is a USB 3.0 hard…
  • edterbak -

Replied to the thread howto mount drives without loss of data (NOOB).

Hi, I have a backup now. Did: wipefs -n /dev/sdb Brainfuck Source Code (4 lines)wipefs -n /dev/sdb1 Brainfuck Source Code (6 lines)zfs list No datasets available Does this suggest there IS actually a zfs system with an ext4 inside?? (sounds insane…
  • dziekon -

Replied to the thread Why should you use or not use dockers.

Quote from raulfg3: “... plug-ins where deprecated for next OMV5 ... ” Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

This might be interseting: forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.ph…394&viewfull=1#post284394 It mentions a software to configure the sleep mode of the HDD.
  • macom -

As the USB Toshiba HDD is connected to the FritzBox I would search the FritzBox Documentation/Forum or Toshiba Documentation. Probably there is nothing that can be done from the NAS with OMV. Except of not reading from or writing to the HDD. Why do you…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Possible intrusion to my OMV at home?.

Quote from godfuture: “Now I am using the router firewall only ” Shouldn't that be enough if you have not forwarded any ports? Quote from godfuture: “Still I dont know how to safe my important data...very likely I have to buy an external drive I…
  • Joe_PS -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy.

Thread
    Hi, OMV (4.1.12) runs on an OrangePI Zero Plus. The Plugin RemoteMount is utilized to access an external Toshiba USB 3.0 HDD (Stor.E Slim II, Model HDTD210ES3EA), which is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490 as a NAS. MiniDLNA plays/streams mainly flac-files,…