openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

This is not the OS hard drive, but rather a 2nd HDD.

It shows up as /dev/sdb1 in the "File Systems" page, but when I go to the "Shared Folders" page and attempt to "+ Add" folders on it as shared folders it doesn't appear in the drop down list next to "Device".

If I plug in a USB External HDD and mount it, that external HDD does show up in the drop down list.

I should note that /dev/sdb1 is formatted with an ext4 file system and was formerly used on an OMV 2.x installation.

I'm trying to upgrade to OMV 3.x and I have hit this stumbling block. Before I resort to making a new logical volume on my OS HDD, copying the contents of /dev/sdb1 onto it, and deleting then recreating the filesystem on /dev/sdb1 via the OMV GUI, I wanted to ask here and see what wisdom I could gather.

My fear is that after doing all that repartitioning and moving files around and recreating the file system in the OMV admin GUI I'd find it STILL wouldn't work.... ?(
  • New

After getting some DRDY error messages on my physical testbench:

Source Code

1. janv. 18 20:01:00 omv kernel: ata5.00: failed command: SMART
    2. janv. 18 20:01:00 omv kernel: ata5.00: cmd b0/d5:01:e1:4f:c2/00:00:00:00:00/00 tag 30 pio 512 in
    3. res 40/00:01:03:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
    4. janv. 18 20:01:00 omv kernel: ata5.00: status: { DRDY }
    i fix them by deseabling the PCI IDE ONBOARD CHIP from my bios motherboard.

It may help people ...
  • New

Hello, ( again )...

On my physical testbench ( accessing from another computer with ssh on local 192.168.x.x and mydnsname.xxx ), i am experiencing multiples times a "broken pipe" error when trying to:
    - accessing drive with smart command from GUI
    - applying saved configuration changes.
    - installing plugins from GUI.

Most of the time, re-applying what i was doing fix the error message.

GUI is simply stating communications error, and journalctl -f state message like:
    - omv-engined[12967]: Failed to write to socket: Broken pipe

I know that broken pipe error is thrown when the socket on the peer side is closed. But i wonder were it come from ??

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Deleted /var/cache or How do I reinstall the web-gui?

tarsis

Kein zugrif auf web gui webinterface

Fako86

Cannot add Shared Folder using internal *SECOND* HDD

tg626

UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly

matthias80

System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds

daveinfla

Recent Activities

• tarsis -

Replied to the thread Deleted /var/cache or How do I reinstall the web-gui?.

Thanks for the quick reply. The biggest part - in MB - is the apt directory. But that is fine. It is just the downloaded archives that take up the space. Could you post the details / contents of the openmediavault folder? Because that is causing the…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Deleted /var/cache or How do I reinstall the web-gui?.

I have the following in my /var/cache which totals 82MB of files. 60.3 MiB [##########] /apt 12.0 MiB [# ] /apt-show-versions 8.5 MiB [# ] /debconf 1.4 MiB [ ] /man 572.0 KiB [ ] /samba 60.0 KiB [ ]…
  • Fako86 -

Replied to the thread Kein zugrif auf web gui webinterface.

wo? am server? am laptop? am server mit ka. 10 verschieden versucht. brachte nix. ist für meinen unerreichbar
  • Wolf2000 -

Hast du es schon mit einer anderen IP versucht ? Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
  • tg626 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Cannot add Shared Folder using internal *SECOND* HDD.

Tried and failed before I posted. Also attempted: 1. Remove in CLI and mount in CLI 2. Remove in CLI and delete references in config,xml and fstab then remount in GUI 3. As above but before remounting I added
  • Fako86 -

also router ist 192.168.178.1 fritzbox. server 250 Statisch mein pc 56 DHCP frau 62 DHCP somit nehme ich die 192.168.178.250 und da passiert nix. ist nicht erreichbar von meinen
  • Peerplex -

Liked bbm’s post in the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Like (Post)
    Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • Wolf2000 -

Was gibt's du in den Browser ein ? Ich nehme die ip-adresse: 192.168.1.44 Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
  • matthias80 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

Yes... Read the Docs... I know... Whats your recommendation for the Policy?
  • Fako86 -

ja natürlich. server über lan. mein und von meiner frau das laptop über wlan.