Recent Activities

• dhanushkak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Raspberry Pi 3 - Error installing Docker.

Hi, Just to clarify I just have to comment the lines in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg and then execute apt-get install php7.0-curl ? Thanks
  • vendo23 -

Replied to the thread Binding multiple interfaces not working?.

• vendo23 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Binding multiple interfaces not working?.

Like (Post)
    A quick web search for 'RTNETLINK answers: File exists' suggest that removing the gateway entry for enp6s0 should solve the problem.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from flmaxey: “Out of curiosity, are you planning to replace the legacy images that seem to have been moved? ” Huh? We removed the OMV 3 image since even when the OMV 4 image was available a few hundred downloads per week occured with the old…
  • DierHanry -

Posted the thread openmediavault on raspberry.

Thread
    Hi solo, Another thing: i've constated when i reboot rasp, i loose nginx configuration (listen 80;) in /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui, and therefore no connexion with my browser and i loose too ssh: i must restart sshd. Luckily, i've…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

rsync seems to be the best option, but you can also use SMB or FTP.
  • drwhowhogrub -

Posted the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

Thread
    Hi I am very new to OMV, i have been using Freenas but have to decided to move to OMV. I am trying to find a way to move all my files from freenas to OMV. I cant use the same drives as my OMV server doesnt use 3.5inch drives. Freenas and OMV are both…
  • tkaiser -

A quick web search for 'RTNETLINK answers: File exists' suggest that removing the gateway entry for enp6s0 should solve the problem.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What if my OMV install fails. Will I lose all my data?.

If you do not store user data on the boot device (only possible via plugin, but no good idea to do so) then you won’t loose your data. Simply install OMV on a new device and reconfigure your system.
  • p1morris -

Liked Stramm’s post in the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Like (Post)
    I have created a 10-opcache.ini nano /etc/php/7.0/fpm/conf.d/10-opcache.ini at the end i…
  • vendo23 -

Quote from tkaiser: “Without providing output from these two commands it's a bit hard to guess what's going on on your system. ” Yep I see that now, my apologies. I've plugged in those commands and pasted the output into these attached .txt files.
  • cskrat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

I did another fresh install and ran it with just the php7.0 packages after 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade'; 'apt autoremove' had nothing to remove.
  • MrTestOne -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Quote from cskrat: “This is... ugly but seems to have worked. apt-get install php7.0-common=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg php-bcmath php-cgi php-fpm php-mbstring php-pam
  • dariusz_w -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4.

I haven't worked on OMV 3, but recently switched to OMV 4 on my raspberry pi. Sadly, OpenVPN is broken. Even, that dashboard showing 2 green dots on service, however from logs I see that OpenVPN exit with error. Source Code (3 lines) During plugin…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

Quote from goliath: “I have installed OMV4 ” OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. OMV4 is based on Debian 9 so in case you struggle with OMV4's own ISO I would suggest trying out a Debian 9 amd64 install (your CPU…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from vendo23: “See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details ” Without providing output from these two commands it's a bit hard to guess what's going on on your system.
  • p1morris -

Liked 4bc’s post in the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Like (Post)
    Your guide didn't really work step by step for OMV4 & NC 13, but it is referenced in many posts from my research so good on you for your comprehensive work. The wider community has benefited greatly!! I've managed to get it all working using a…
  • robster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x What if my OMV install fails. Will I lose all my data?.

Thread
    Hi all, I have 4 x drives setup into 2 x RAID 1 arrays. I also have a small USB stick drive that OMV is booting from. I'm using a HP Proliant server. If that little USB stick drive dies, will I lose all access to the data or will I be able to…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

While this may not help, here's a question; are you building OMV on the SD-card, with the 4 drives inserted,, or are you plugging the drives in after the build is complete? Looking at another angle, have you looked at the BIOS settings of what must be…