Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• canadavault -

Liked macom’s post in the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Like (Post)
    Quote from canadavault: “Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? ” On windows you can use Win32Diskimager.
  • canadavault -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Like (Post)
    Quote from canadavault: “Quote from Adoby: “I remove my flash memory (SD-cards) and create a image files of them. ” Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? :D ” Sure, but it is a bit of a stupid brute force hack. But, hey! If it works it…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Nein konnte mein Problem bis jetzt nicht lösen. habe erneut OMV 3 installiert mit dem angeschlossenen RAID. Es wird erkannt aber einhängen geht nicht.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

I tried, but it bombed out because the sound card is not set up properly. The container won't work without the sound card set. I don't have the time right now to look at it. But that is where I would start.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Quote from canadavault: “Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? ” On windows you can use Win32Diskimager.
  • mbesar -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Why drives are mounted with noexec option.

Like (Post)
    Maybe it was in there from OMV 1.x and I upgraded. You don't need to add exec. Just remove noexec. Running omv-mkconf fstab updates /etc/fstab from the info in the fstab section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Changing the defaults only affects…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

Did you also do touch /var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock between the first two and the last two commandy as in the previous solution?
  • bart70 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Like (Post)
    Try the stop and assemble commands again from my earlier post.
  • bart70 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bart70: “it's the same ... the -1 is not weird ? ” strange. Maybe it was a spare? How many drives are in the array? Try the commands again but remove the h from the brackets in the assemble command.
  • bart70 -

Like (Post)
    Quote from bart70: “i see it in the web GUI .. should i mount it ? (i prefer ask than break all) ” No. that will cause it to create a new entry. mount -a from the command line should mount everything.
  • bart70 -

Like (Post)
    Quote from bart70: “Can i ask you something more, can we know why this crashed ? ” I wish I knew that answer. Sometimes it is because the system was not shutdown properly. Other times, it is because the hardware spins up the drives too late. Never…
  • bart70 -

Like (Post)
    Quote from bart70: “i guess i can't change to mergefs ? ” Nope. You need to format each drive to use it in this case. Quote from bart70: “should i watch rsnapshot or Greyhole ? ” I use rsync to sync two OMV systems. Then I use rsnapshot on…
  • Warlock00 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

thank you so much for helping me now I solved my problem bye :thumbsup:
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes.

@dziekon thank you. I just did so and the warnings cleared up. Everything is running smoothly. Anybody have any knowledge/opinion on the question above about plugin vs. Docker version of Syncthing. I am getting ready to install it on an Odroid-HC1 and…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

I seem to be getting my fair share of W10 machines to sort out recently, usually because of cumulative updates not installing correctly. I have a USB 2.0 to SATA bridge thingy, got it's own power supply and appropriate SATA cables, but I was wondering…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect.

Quote from Alexio: “There's still hope Otherwise I'm buying a new HC1 to prevent future issues. ” Well good luck with it, certainly an odd one, not something I've seen before either.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from cezargradianu: “Any words of wisdom when setting up the OMV? ” Agree with @ryecoaaron re the videos but don't expect miracles, it's a Pi it has it's restrictions, but they do work.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from cezargradianu: “Any words of wisdom when setting up the OMV? ” Watch a video or two from here - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Don't use ntfs Try to stay away ACLs.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Quote from bart70: “i guess i can't change to mergefs ? ” Nope. You need to format each drive to use it in this case. Quote from bart70: “should i watch rsnapshot or Greyhole ? ” I use rsync to sync two OMV systems. Then I use rsnapshot on…