Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Robbin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

This topic is number 2 in google with query "openmediavault emmc resize" @tkaiser I have emmc 16 Gb, 2 partitions are created (8Gb ttl), there is no third partition. Apparently there is no way to create it in GUI (emmc is not available for selection).…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

If the OMV4 OS were to reside on a USB 3.0 flash drive . . . Does the USB 3.0 stick, when mounted in a rear panel 3.0 slot, still access RAM for the purpose of being able to put OMV4 into a Wake On LAN scenario?
  • elsmandino -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Thread
    I am so sorry to raise this issue but despite my having read all related threads on this forum (and all I can about LInux permissions generally), I really just do not understand how permissions and ACL work together. Perhaps someone can help explain…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

The two most common rapsberry pi problems: 1) Old, slow or corrupt sd card. Try with a brand new card and see if that solves problem. 2) Power supply is not powerful enough for pi or power supply is dying.. Are you reusing a power supply from a…
  • Pancu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to get deleted files in SMB/CIFS.

Thank you for your help. When I leave the values here as 0, the .recycbin file comes out after deleting something in each folder. That's exactly what I wanted. Users could see the "reycbin" file as a hidden file in SBC / CIFS. This situation is not…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Virtualbox on OMV question.

Quote from veveaucent: “Can I do this through the virtualbox plugin or should I be installing a version of virtualbox through the terminal? ” While possible, we recommend against doing this since it would require a desktop environment to be…
  • reeneex -

Replied to the thread OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht.

Guten Morgen @macom habe es gerade versucht der Beschreibung in dem Tread zu folgen, aber irgendwie. Zum einen bin ich unsicher welchen Befehl ich schreiben soll, zum anderen WIE ich den Befehl schreiben muss. Vielleicht kannst Du dir kurz die…
  • wolf8auer -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x snapraid - problem with recovering in the GUI.

Thread
    I've set up the snapraid plugin and did some tests. I managed to "undelete" for example. The problem is that when I want to try to replace a data disk, it does not work. Anybody done that successfully in the GUI? The snapraid manual is for the command…
  • wolf8auer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Replaced a disk with Snapraid -> Cannot access the files afterwards?.

Quote from gderf: “Did you follow the recovery directions in the SnapRAID manual exactly snapraid.it/manual.html See section 4.4 Recovery Also see section 3 Limitations: * Only file, time-stamps, symlinks and hardlinks are saved. Permissions,…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Quote from Markess: “Best to cross check whatever you find there with the CPU Support page for your Motherboard ” Yes, information on ark.intel.com wrt ECC capabilities of CPUs seems not always be correct.
  • Steeli -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Proxy certificate.

Nope, because i didn't have the private key
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

Quote from Agricola: “Now, if I insert the host path as directed, will the folders be created in the process? ” Yes (As previously stated.) Quote from Agricola: “So is this what I am looking for? ” Basically, yes. Quote from Agricola: “You…
  • Hi, I have this same error but in my case my HDD is dead. What can I do? Thanks :)
  • Markess -

Quote from elastic: “Never mind, found a tool on intel's website. ” Best to cross check whatever you find there with the CPU Support page for your Motherboard. I think this is the one: asrockrack.com/general/product….asp?Model=C236%20WSI#CPU Along…
  • elastic -

Quote from tkaiser: “If both CPU and mainboard support ECC-RAM there's nothing to take care of. I would install edac-utils as additional step then and check error logs from time to time... ” Quote from Markess: “Quote from elastic: “am currently…
  • Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from eptesicus: “I have no idea. I deployed these servers from the OMV install ISO, and I have no idea if I can remove appstream or not. ” It is not installed by the OMV ISO and I don't know any plugins that require…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

forum.openmediavault.org/index…7a3c1bcc33bd571246a54d7eb So is this what I am looking for? You stated that the test validations do not work. So how do I know unbound is working? And explain this to me: my wifi workes to my laptop, but my mobile devices…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud setup issue.

Remove your entire Nextcloud directory, and start a fresh installation.
  • lagerman43 -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud setup issue.

How do I go about resetting everything that pertains to nextcloud? You will have to forgive me since I am fairly new to this side of the NAS/Server side.
  • Agricola -

Quote from flmaxey: “Sorry, when you used Watchtower, you voided the warranty ” I do agree...now. This is another topic all together, but how do you update your dockers? Quote from flmaxey: “If it's not there, then either there was a deviation…