Recent Activities

• Menz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

so it appears its docker causing the huge increase. /var/lib/docker/overlay2 is the largest folder. so unless i figure out how (noobie here in linux) to move docker and and all it contains to a new drive it looks like i may be rebuilding my OMV server. i…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

As root: du -d1 -h -x / | sort -h This will show you the folders in the root directory that are using the most space. If you want to see more in the most used folder (/var for instance), then: du -d1 -h -x /var/ | sort -h
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked bart70’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Like (Post)
    thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • Menz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

Thread
    i really wish i knew what was taking up the space in the OMV system drive. in windows i could use windirstat and find out what was taking up the space. is there any way to see what is taking up so much space and see if any of it is safe to delete?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning.

Looks like: fsck.ext4 -f /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-openmediavault:raid9disks mount -a
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

At the new place, the ISP's ADSL router is locked down as well. There's very little I can change but one item is turning off their Wifi (which I did). With my router behind it, I'm in control again. You know, given where I am now, I'm amazed that I…
  • OMVnewbie -

Now follows ryecoaaron.

Follow
  • OMVnewbie -

Now follows macom.

Follow
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread Configuration Backup.

I've download the iso to my Windows box, used some tool to extract the necessary files from the container (can't remember anymore which one but I believe 7-zip will do) and edited them (if you use Notepad, make sure the encoding you save with is not…
  • ravennevar -

Quote from Stramm: “@ravennevar I'm using a newer Clonzilla version and that version doesn't use DHCP anymore but asks for an IP. The IP you can configure in a config file. Start alternative Clonezilla iso Maybe that helps. ” Thanks for the response.…
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DrPeril: “Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? ” No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.
  • David B -

Liked crwulff’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Error Being Emailed on Regular Basis.

Like (Post)
    It looks like it is left-over config files from php5-pam (which is no longer available.) sudo apt remove php5-pam --purge will remove those config files and got rid of the periodic emailed error for me anyway.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Quote from bart70: “and it's still referenced but i have nothing in shares ” Make a backup of the system and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Then look for the drive in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and remove it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

Quote from ala.frosty: “I'm not sure if this matters, but the "OMV-Extras" was NOT in the default list of plugins on the 4.1.3 DVD and I had to download it from omv-extras.org. ” That is correct. omv-extras has never been included with any official…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Forum Error Report.

Quote from ala.frosty: “I think the forum error message would be an ideal place for that message #4 to appear. ” Unfortunately, Volker has said it can't be changed.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from Agricola: “Do you mean shared folder ACLs? ” Yes. Quote from Agricola: “Can you please explain why? ” Because they are a terrible afterthought added to Linux to try and fit the Windows permissions model. Quote from Agricola: “I have…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Quote from danieliod: “How can I make it load automatically? ” All of that "should" make it load automatically. Your journalctl output isn't much help. Maybe your storage isn't ready when docker is starting?
  • Stramm -

@ravennevar I'm using a newer Clonzilla version and that version doesn't use DHCP anymore but asks for an IP. The IP you can configure in a config file. Start alternative Clonezilla iso Maybe that helps.
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread A backup upgrade..

Dulicati... that's what I used for uploading to Google Drive as well.