Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Since I don't have the extra hardware or drives for a cluster, there doesn't seem to be a practical way to backup a standalone VM server (or port it VM's to another server). With the backup note in mind, and with drives being…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “ How do I add snow??? ” Make it snow is a JS plugin JS Plugins >> Make it snow
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best configuration for media files?.

Quote from Blabla: “My biggest concern was this ticket on github: ” One of my rsync drives is btrfs and I have never had any problems with it. Running btrfs in a non-raid setup should be safe but personally, I still feel more comfortable with ext4…
  • flmaxey -

UEFI - I've not researched it in depth but the practical effects seem to being throwing a large number of unknowns into what used to be known. I understand the need to get past previous limitations, drive size and other but, in my unconsidered opinion,…
  • Blabla -

Thanks for the advince! I'll go with rsync too :D My biggest concern was this ticket on github: github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/101
  • ryecoaaron -

I also got rid of raid in favor of rsync to multiple locations. Very reliable.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

• WastlJ -

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I have the Santa's Elf theme installed ” I think it is just another theme called "Make it snow"
  • macom -

On a fresh install, I would probably opt for btrfs due to some nice features like snapshots, compression and checksum/scrub. However, at least snapshots and compression are not that useful on media data that do not change that often and are probably…
  • bla.blub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Bei WLan kommt es halt auf den Empfang, Anzahl der Teilnehmer und welche Geschwindigkeiten an beiden Enden unterstützt werden. Hat dein NAS evtl nur eine 100 MBit Karte bzw. der WLan Router nur einen 100MBit Netzwerkanschluss ? (ka wie dein Setup…
  • KM0201 -

I nixxed Raid1 several years ago and couldn't imagine going back to it. I find rsync far superior. I usually set mine .. "Disk_1" is the disk that basically houses everything for services... "Disk_2" is the mirror... Set an rsync job to run once a day…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

KM0201 - By all means, I'll be glad to be back at ya with a build in the next day. My plate is full today.
  • KM0201 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Best configuration for media files?.

Like (Post)
    Well my wish list for the new year is to do something similar, scrap Raid option completely and for starters have 2 drives 1 to hold all media and the second setup to rsync from the first, but spin down the second drive when not in use. Once that's done…
  • geaves -

Well my wish list for the new year is to do something similar, scrap Raid option completely and for starters have 2 drives 1 to hold all media and the second setup to rsync from the first, but spin down the second drive when not in use. Once that's done…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Quote from syrusstk: “NEW RELEASE - New theme (Santa's elf) - Make it snow (well it adds snow) The snow effect should be easy on your CPU and GPU. For those celebrating Christmas, Happy Christmas. For those who don't well enjoy the Holidays or…
  • geaves -

Resolved UEFI on the W10 laptop, if I allow the laptop to start from the DVD for a clean install it will automatically run in Legacy! However, I select boot options when the laptop is switched you get a boot menu, the DVD is the first on the list, but…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x issue with docker when installing letsencrypt.

My system is now fully up to date including Kernel 4.18; I installed Cockpit, to do that I had to enable backports, why Cockpit, some Docker images were throwing errors in the logs so I installed Cockpit to see if that would help, it didn't, but it's an…
  • Blabla -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Best configuration for media files?.

Thread
    Hi everyone. Since I recieved a new HDD I can change my configuration. Right now I have 2 Raid 1 (1 ext4, 1 zfs). I was thinking to delete the raid1 and have a sync job that will run at night. I keep nearly only media files on my nas and I don't…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Can we run a Flask server as a plugin in OMV?.

Quote from robster: “I can setup the whole python / flask / sql environment in a docker and it should just chug along yes? ” sql should really be in a separate docker but that should work otherwise. Quote from robster: “I'm concerned about facing…