Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kochin -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

When I first tried it after reconfigure the main Nginx server, I got a blank page. Then I inspected the page in browser, and found some URI's were coded with absolute paths. My quick investigation led me to identify and modify two files,…
  • farazon -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?.

What you suggest would only make a difference if you set OMV to spin down your drives. General consensus seems to be that it's better to not spin down. This is also OMV's default setting. Feel free to do your own research on hdd spin down and make a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) [Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI.

Quote from cipherbreak: “Why? This is essential for the correct functionality of application data on a mounted file system, including Plex. Otherwise, users must manually make changes on /etc/fstab. ” Manually changing fstab will be overwritten. just…
  • metalguru -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan.

Yes, sorry, I should have put that in... Yes, the red led comes on with power, the green one comes on indicating a drive is attached, and the blue one comes on solid at power up, then begins the heartbeat double blink. Everything appears normal, and…
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

I renamed start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon.REAL as stated in the link you sent. I then tried restarting the services, but smbd failed. Source Code (18 lines)
  • subzero79 -

There is a fix in the forum involves renaming a file. Take look here forum.openmediavault.org/index…337-Samba-does-not-start/ Report back if it is works now the daemon with systemd
  • heiner -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Samba share: Recycle bin does not / never get cleared.

I have run into the same phenomenon. There are various threads regarding this issue on the board. As recent as from last month. This one seems to be the most thorough one, though. Thanks for starting the debugging on this, 71CHi2OOeuF2. To summarize:…
  • dhawk312 -

That worked, finally! But, lots of errors, and the connection is slow. And, as soon as I ctrl-c or exit the SSH connection, the network connection closes immediately. Source Code (133 lines)
  • subzero79 -

Lots of errors but at the end looks like is working.if you leave it running can you access the shares with \\ipnas from windows?
  • MikeK -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rp3b and wifi, not working?.

I've got same problem. After letting installation scripts to configure the system I can't get wlan0 to work in any way I know. Has this been resolved?
  • dhawk312 -

Here is the out of smbd -F -d 3 -S: Source Code (47 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan.

What about led behaviour? The red one should light solid and the blue one starting to do 'heartbeat' blinking as soon as the kernel loads. Details: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-odroid-hc1-hc2/
  • PlerTanix -

Replied to the thread Festplatten werden nicht als Laufwerke erkannt..

Hallo, Ich habe auf einem Rechner die Software OpenMediaVault installiert. Ich habe in dem Rechner nur 1 Festplatte drin. Ich habe schon alles versucht, die Software nur mit einer Festplatte zu betreiben. Habe schon versucht die Festplatte mit Ubuntu zu…
  • 1activegeek -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

So I went through the nuances of digging into the nitty gritty detail of the trailing slash you seem to have. It's a mystery to me how many people use such different syntax yet all end up with working configs in the end. But in this scenario, no go. It…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Similar issues only occurring with 4.13: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2376227&page=3 Which drives are these two?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Well, nand-sata-install needs a lot of adjustments but most probably we'll write a new tool from scratch and drop all the unnecessary backwards compatibility that makes touching this tool a PITA. Current version of the tool can not transfer btrfs to ext4…
  • mateuxp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Quote from votdev: “Is it listed in Shell-Script (1 line)” it is: Source Code (14 lines)
  • Please see 3rd link in post #6 above. It's more or less the same but if an OMV image is available and you happen to run off a slow SD card choosing the OMV image over the armbian-config variant is a lot faster since 'installing software' is a random IO…
  • Symbiot -

Liked trapexit’s post in the thread OMV 3.x mergerfs.balance doesn't work.

Like (Post)
    Sure. I'll add it.
  • patvaloche -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Puttygen - Key acces - Problem creating the .ssh folder in Debian. OMV..

Please do some checks of your configuration: #1# /etc/ssh/sshd_config file: RSAAuthentication yes PubkeyAuthentication yes #2# if you want to specifically use just keys for root login change PermitRootLogin line to: PermitRootLogin without-password