Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

Quote from Adoby: “Should OMV 5 have an API for this? ” Well, the 'API' I would use is SNMP. Simply activate it (it has been outsourced as plugin with OMV4) and have a look what's available (massive amount of information). Then I would suggest…
  • JimT -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from geaves: “Quote from ness1602: “When you fail one disk(mdadm based) RAID should be active/degraded. It shouldnt be inactive anytime. ” Yes and no. If you fail a drive using mdadm it's output would be clean/degraded, if you pull a drive…
  • Adoby -

Yes, I have seen it. But I feel it is a slight overkill... And I believe it is considered to be difficult to configure. And I want to run other apps on the control server as well. Also it is not free and open source, even if you can run it for free on 7…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPi2 wont boot.

Quote from Moelle87: “I already ordered an New one ” Too bad. The Raspberry Pi is the worst choice possible for any NAS implementation. See Enough of Rpi, now what? for details...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Quote from liv: “and I configured hd-idle to spin down disk automatically when it's not used for 120 seconds... I don't know if this makes a difference. ” Hm!! well you know something I don't :) personally what I would do is to turn that off, reboot, then…
  • liv -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Quote from geaves: “Well it's there and it's mounted according to that output. Have you tried rebooting? You could try omv-firstaid and select clear web control panel cache, that might help, but I've never used it. BTW what's this connected to? an SBC?…
  • ness1602 -

I would recommend nagios,but i don't know how hard that is for you.
  • Florioan_Marina -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Shutdown and wake up timer.

Dear all, I'm not an expert. As I know the Intel processors and AMD as well, both can write some hide bios parameters from Windows OS. Step 1. To can have a working WOL, is neccesary to install first an windows, doesn't meter witch version. Try to…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from geaves: “I always wondered what the purpose of the Raspberry was, always assumed it was just a logo ” Well, it is somehow a logo (the original is the tux mascot -- for whatever reasons RPi people chose to replace the Linux logo with their…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread SMALL GUI arrange bug in columns.

No problem. It's simply better to report the issues where it is expected by a developer. You can not assume that the plugin maintainer reads all posts here in the forum.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem mounting drive with a bad SMART.

What situation ? Keep using the bad hd disc ? What bad smart by the way? Bad sectors, something critical...
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

which by the way was stated in the guide.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

The error is kinda of obvious. Need to install curl apt-get install curl
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread SMALL GUI arrange bug in columns.

Sorry, I see that is reported (issue 71), sorry for inconvenience. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ault-docker-gui/issues/71
  • Moelle87 -

Thank i always thought I own an pi2 now its clear why IT wont work. I already ordered an New one thx for your Response
  • geaves -

Well it's there and it's mounted according to that output. Have you tried rebooting? You could try omv-firstaid and select clear web control panel cache, that might help, but I've never used it. BTW what's this connected to? an SBC? Have you checked…
  • liv -

Quote from geaves: “What's the output of lsusb and lsblk the drive shows as /dev/sda, is this a powered usb drive? ” Yes, it's an externally powered USB drive. See the output below: Source Code (18 lines)
  • geaves -

Quote from ness1602: “When you fail one disk(mdadm based) RAID should be active/degraded. It shouldnt be inactive anytime. ” Yes and no. If you fail a drive using mdadm it's output would be clean/degraded, if you pull a drive whilst the machine is…
  • You can set the environment variable OMV_MONIT_DELAY_SECONDS=30 (see github.com/openmediavault/open…diavault/mkconf/monit#L59) in /etc/default/openmediavault. After that you need to execute the following commands: Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • ness1602 -

When you fail one disk(mdadm based) RAID should be active/degraded. It shouldnt be inactive anytime.