Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Victor__ -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV fails to start a web server.

Thread
    I have a fresh installation of OVM on my RaspberryPi 3B+ that won't properly. I get "Failed to start a High performance web server and a reverese proxy server". I also get "Failed to start Realtek H5 Bluetooth support" but it's the web server problem…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sonos SMB share Permissions Error with OMV4.

It's the lure of easy money, it has a very strong appeal. If you have more than one user, your music share should be read only in any case. Just make sure your router is not forwarding ports into your LAN. If you're not exposing servers to the net,…
  • Aussie3d -

Fair point, about ransomware and unfortunately all to valid... But I can help feel sad :/ for the future of humanity if I need to implement commercial grade firewalls and backup my backups to protect my music library from highly sophisticated malicious…
  • flmaxey -

Hacks might not learn anything about you, but note that Wcry was ransomware. It encrypted user data. The original virus asked for payment, in exchange for a key, or user data was lost to permanent encryption. NTLM equates to NTLM ver1. To get an idea…
  • Aussie3d -

Yeah, Its a bit of an interesting one with respect to SONOS, the reason for SMB shares with sonos is all about connecting to NAS storage of personal music collections. Unfortunately Sonos don't seem to think looking after people whom want to own their…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Nah, OMV 3 or 4 shouldn't make a difference here. If you want changes to be persistent between container restarts, you should change the settings in the rtorrent.rc file located in your config folder rather than changing the settings from within…
  • ghiiom -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker resolv.conf problem with fresh install of OMV4.

Thread
    Hi, I am having problems with my docker containers. The file permission for /etc/resolv.conf is 0600 when I deploy any image inside docker. I need to manually change the permission through command line to make it work for all users. Anyone experiencing…
  • KvackEvolution -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant use old file Dir from old install.

Thread
    Hi! So i found this HP Probook with a very very low budget CPU and low running costs, perfect in other hand for my usage. I primarly use the server for SMB to my old retro systems with Windows 9x/2k/XP OSes. Last week i discovered that i can install…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Replied to the thread mhddfs plugin.

Apparently I am making this a LOT harder than it needs to be. So I already have mhddfs installed on my NAS box, and it's also configured, edited fstab, etc. I assumed that the mhddfs plugin recognized the mhddfs partition I had made. I figured out the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from FrankRizz0: “I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do ” And mergerfs will continue that. Here is a snippet from the mergerfs wiki Why use mergerfs over mhddfs? mhddfs is no longer maintained and has some known…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do (plus I really don't feel like learning about another package, editing my fstab, etc.). If it is available still, do I need to add a repo? I did do a search…
  • rdowns -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved MD5 Hash for OMV 4 RPi ISO doesn't match readme.txt.

I didn't know that the MD5 hash was in the info. Good to know. Thanks for all the work that the OMV team has put into this project!
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Logging in not working.

You login to the web interface with the admin user. You should login to the command line with root or another user you have created.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from FrankRizz0: “are there any solutions for someone like myself who has 13 drives connected to his/her NAS? ” Unionfilesystems plugin. It uses mergerfs which is much better than mhddfs.
  • FrankRizz0 -

Posted the thread mhddfs plugin.

Thread
    Afternoon all! Quick question, is there no longer an mhddfs plugin for omv? I've seen some older threads from 2015 and 2016 discussing it, but no luck as of late. If it is no longer available, are there any solutions for someone like myself who has 13…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install SABnzbd via Github (without OMV Extras).

The better way going forward is to use Dockers.
  • goliath -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

Quote from tkaiser: “OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. ” That was the key! With Debian 9 and all my drives connected, it worked. So I install then OMV and everything is working right now!! :D I think my problem…
  • Took about 24 hours for the hard drive to complete the secure wipe, but it now works. Thanks for the help
  • /Ky -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Install SABnzbd via Github (without OMV Extras).

Thread
    Hey all, Okay so I am just wondering what way/method could I install SABnzbd via the Debian way (i.e. without OMV Extras) as I did a similar thing with Emby as I use the proper Deb package to install it to my NAS/Server but this looks a little more…
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Move emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “is it possible to move an installation physically on emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2 ” No since there's no eMMC slot on HC2.If you have the SD card adapter you can clone the eMMC to an SD card of course and use the SD card in…