Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plex (hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/) Plex organizes video, music and photos from personal media libraries and streams them to smart TVs, streaming boxes and mobile devices. This container is packaged as a standalone Plex Media Server. Find the…
  • Docker plugin basics: Getting started Step 1: First, you'll want to have a user on your OMV machine specifically for Docker. The containers will "assume" this identity, so this is the user which will need sufficient rights to read/write to the folders.…
  • Introduction Many new users of OpenMediaVault have selected this operating system because they want to run a media server. They expect it to provide functions such as serving media to local or remote clients and downloading and organizing new content.…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Install ZFS or bust... bust?.

Quote from wez: “No, I didn't watch the video (didn't know about it); I will now though. ” It is in an announcement called OMV Setup Videos at the top of every forum including this one :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) If using Docker in OMV with Flash Memory, is USB stick OS recommended?.

Quote from ixaff: “Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of this thread a discussion about how it might not be a good idea to run Docker and have it write to USB stick? ” It is a bad idea if your images/volumes/etc are stored on the usb…
  • YinYang -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) WD MyCloud.

Hallo zusammen ich bin neu hier und habe gelesen das einige von euch erfolgreich OMV und DSM auf der myCloud zum laufern bekommen haben ich habe es selber versucht komme aber nicht so zurecht würde mir jemand da eventuell helfen !? mag das auch gerne…
  • Felix1220 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Thanks, I know, it's not the smallest, but that's no problem, maybe someday I will find a smaller box for it :)
  • themmm -

Liked antsh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Meltdown Spectre.

Like (Post)
    Looks like the backport kernel pushed today contains the patches for meltdown. (4.14.13-1).
  • Gratz -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Lost connection to OMV after reboot.

Thread
    Hi I'm currently running OMV 3.x, but after a recent manual remote reboot of the system I can't connect to the OMV GUI. I know the server is running because FTP, Plex and Transmission is working fine (The file location for new torrents in Transmission…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Nice and easy setup, but huge tower for such a tiny build. I like your SSD carrier! :D
  • Felix1220 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Thread
    Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum…
  • wez -

No, I didn't watch the video (didn't know about it); I will now though. Yeah, sorry about not posting the output from omvextras 4 failing to install. I'll get on that.
  • daveinfla -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

I have the same issue, how did you fix it?
  • bbm -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • FireFlower -

Replied to the thread Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game.

[ignore]Edit: damn lack of coffee... I read again my posted sentence and made a little sense even to me, so here we go again...[/ignore] Progress has been slow, some parts that I ordered arrived after Christmas, have been busy with other projects like…
  • ixaff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) If using Docker in OMV with Flash Memory, is USB stick OS recommended?.

I was looking reading up on OMV + Docker when I chanced upon this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of this thread a discussion about how it might not be a good idea to run Docker and have it write to USB stick? Quote from…
  • matthias80 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

Thread
    Hello guys, I have installed a new omv system with 3 data disks, the snap raid plugin and for pooling unionFS with the policy ep MfS, but I mean this policy does not work correctly. All content data where stored on one disk in my pool, in my case on…
  • Haris2887 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) SMB Share Permissions.

Quote from riff-raff: “Did you set ACL and Privileges? Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official…
  • elvincent -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) headphones (docker) "cannot find directory".

here are my settings, any other images necessary?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from wez: “OpenMediaVault 4 with omvextras 3 ” Please don't mismatch versions of OMV and omv-extras. That will cause problems. You don't mention why it fails. Error messages? How are you installing omv-extras? Do you fully update OMV right…