Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Possible to grow linear pool?.

Re, Quote from elastic: “I have the "Test" pool selected, but am trying to grow the "Home" pool which is linear. I'm aware stripe can't be grown ” Then you have to mark the other array ... but: - you can grow any raid-array made with md, even…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread Raid 10 boot - how to?.

Re, why would you make a RAID10-bootdisk? Setting up RAID-devices as boot-devices is more difficult, cause you have to add the raid-modules to the initramfs ... but if you have already a SSD as a boot-device, it's not worth the time ... And you have…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread [Help] Better way to clone cache SSD disk (clonezilla alternatives?).

Re, Quote from gderf: “The problem with using dd for this is that when cloning a smaller source drive to a larger target drive, the size of the partiton on the target drive will be the same size as on the source drive. ” Correct, but you can alter…
  • marnixoctave -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Slow VPN down with Deluge.

Thread
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. While using deluge with a VPN the speeds never go higher than 2mbps while using deluge on my laptop with the exact same VPN reaches speeds of up to 8mbps. I feel like i'm doing something simple very…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RAID5 with unexplained error.

Re, Quote from danieliod: “Will RAIDZ1 can also cope with such issue? ” More or less, "cutting" the power off destroys any information held in caches ... hdd-cache & RAM, which affects any FS. ZFS brings the best algorithms to deal with that, but…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Power loss and system drive will not boot.

Re, *GRATS* ... you made it! Quote from linndoug: “Drive SDB still looks the same. ” Yeah, that's the bug which hits often the md-raid-arrays and degrading them ... you have to issue this command more often to get rid of the wrong part-info ... Sc0rp
  • kidalabama -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update e-tobi.net.

• Britman -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Yet another Windows can't see the share but Linux can..

Thread
    So Windows cannot see my shares, yet Linux can see the share but will not connect. Get this error Unable To mount location. Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection refused My Android phone can see the share (via ESfile explorer), asks for…
  • Grabber66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Show own log File in WebGUI.

hi, this i understand. but if i use 99tv.inc and tvheadend.js it does not work. If I use the same text with 90autoshutdown.inc and AutoShutdown.js it works. Here is my problem why ?
  • tame47 -

Replied to the thread running OMV in a USB flash drive not stable?.

Quote from bewo: “Hi tame47, running OMV from a USB-Drive is absolutley no problem. I've running several machines with this configuration for years now. BUT you should use no "normal" USB drive, it will break soon. You have to use an USB-Drive with…
  • bewo -

Replied to the thread running OMV in a USB flash drive not stable?.

Hi tame47, running OMV from a USB-Drive is absolutley no problem. I've running several machines with this configuration for years now. BUT you should use no "normal" USB drive, it will break soon. You have to use an USB-Drive with SLC-cells (the same…
  • wombat -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Smb simply not working?.

scr.png Network reset in Windows tried too. Issue indepent on two LANs with same Windows client and OMV 4.x.
  • Pfeifenraucher -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x dnsmasq fails due to segfault to libc.

Well it is installed onto a "SSD". Previously dnsmasq ran with OMV-2 with the same disk.
  • Britman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Mirror, no drives listed.

Thank you for the help. Still shares are working but will post issue to SMB forum.
  • nixmomo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to mount a local share or folder within a share into another share within OMV.

in global section: follow symlinks = yes unix extensions = no in share section wide links = yes or in global section (if you need unix extensions): follow symlinks = yes unix extensions = yes allow insecure wide links = yes in share section wide links
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread My new thin client NAS.

Quote from DaWauZ: “Could some one delete them? ” You can delete it by yourself, if you go into "enhanced edit" (Not sure if this is the right translation). There you can send the post to recycle bin.
  • christof1977 -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Quote from qwertz123: “Quote from christof1977: “located in the roof top of our house, which is kind of isolated, but at recent temperatures (the outside value dropped below 0°C tonight) it get's cold there. Is there a workaround for this? I prefer…
  • christof1977 -

Liked qwertz123’s post in the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Like (Post)
    Quote from pejot: “Did you try pass trough GPU to kvm machine? ” No, I'm currently not using virtualization on the machine. I was only happy that it booted. On other news it seems like kernel 4.15 is the way to go for audio support: Phoronix: AMD
  • tame47 -

Posted the thread running OMV in a USB flash drive not stable?.

Thread
    guys, I'm new to NAS and really interested in OMV. some people said running OMV in a USB flash drive is not stable and sometimes the system collapse, so a SSD is suggested. appreciate any ideas
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update e-tobi.net.