Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

Quote from Currymunster: “3 - I think you are saying that duplicati can copy the archive drive(#3)?? ” Duplicati can be configured to keep old backups. So you can just backup the drive(#1) and Duplicati will keep the history for you.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Do yourself a favor and get an itx mobo with an i3 or i5 or a Pentium G series which is probably the best value chip for an OMV box ” What the hell are you doing with OMV? Number crunching 24/7 or do you use OMV as NAS? In…
  • jollyrogr -

Don't sell yourself short on CPU power. Supermicro does make a motherboard that has what you're looking for: supermicro.com/products/motherboard/X11/X11SAA.cfm But it's not cheap and the cpu is weak. Do yourself a favor and get an itx mobo with an i3…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Currymunster: “It was called a RAID Mirror using three 500gb HDDs ” So, it is a three way mirror (double redundancy). You could fail one of them and wipe/format it. Then you could sync from the array but if it is only 8GB, I wouldn't go…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

Quote from Primaerplan: “active (auto-read-only) ” Here is the problem. It probably isn't assembled at time of mounting since it isn't functioning correctly.
  • mgoettin -

Replied to the thread Getting some Error Mails after Reboot!.

Same issue here, but not new to me. I receive this emails since weeks. Especially annoying, when you're using autoshutdown.
  • Dancstone -

Get a Dell Optiplex 7010 full tower, has i5 supports 64GB ram dual channel, and GB Ethernet full size supports up to 4 or 6 sata 3 drives and uses Intel matrix storage controller, supports raid and uefi, I have a 7010 small form factor with 4GB ram DIMM…
  • Dancstone -

Wrote a comment on Dancstone’s wall.

Wall Comment
    My Dell PC serves as my OMV 3x server
  • Dancstone -

Wrote a comment on Dancstone’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Have HP Priliant Server DL360 G7, DL380 G5/7. Dell Optiplex 745, HP Compaq, Apple XServe G5, and HP MSA 50
  • Currymunster -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “1 - What kind of raid is it? Do you have backup? ” Not 100% sure but I set it up using OMV. It was called a RAID Mirror using three 500gb HDDs No I do not have a back up yet but there is only 8gb on it at the mo so I will…
  • Primaerplan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

it seems to be ok. After boot, before mounting the volume: root@openmediavault:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] md0 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdi[2] sda[7] sdd[1] sdg[0]…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

Quote from THALASTONE: “My plex folder lives at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-<diskname>/plexfolder, and that has dockeruser as the owner and users as the group. ” By "plex folder," do you mean the media is housed there? Config folder for the Docker…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Quote from elastic: “@raulfg3 I got it to work with your help, thank you! Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me... Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the download location from my OS…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MySQL no root access.

With OMV 4.x/mariadb, the idea is to not allow password login with mysql as root. If you execute mysql as the root user or use sudo, it should just login. This is a security feature and why the omvadmin user is created so you can login with a password…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

As long as it is a Linuxserver image, either x86 or arm, the setup is the same. The difference is the is if it is arm or x86. So if I use a Linuxserver x86 image, you should pick the arm image. After that everything else is exactly the same as the…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/dfnyCBvf2I0 So today, we review and install a 2nd HD caddy. You can find it here:2nd latop HD caddy. You can use it to add extra storage or in our case we will be making a portable server. The drive we used is this one.
  • helpmyoc -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OwnCloud - External Memory WebDav.

Thread
    Hi I have installed OwnCloud on my webhosting. In it I have activated an external memory as WebDav. I have entered all information needed for WebDav under External Memory. After input WebDav is displayed as OK "green". With other settings I also have…
  • Aussie3d -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sonos SMB share Permissions Error with OMV4.

Ok well this seems to overcome the problem for the moment but I think there are some problems with this approach. Notably security.... Perhaps someone wiser could advise on the security more? (blogs.technet.microsoft.com/fi…16/09/16/stop-using-smb1/)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

And another one in the making: NanoPi NEO4: forum.armbian.com/topic/7750-nanopi-neo4/ Might be an interesting choice for a small NAS with USB3 attached storage if the price tag remains low (related to DRAM which will obviously have low capacity here)