Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being maintained.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread cockpit on RPi.

Quote from NasAxMan: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much. ” Ok, thank you -…
  • TrickyTrix -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System Quota Check running for 12 hours after unexpected shutdown.

Is it possible to to make the command run before starting OS like chkdsk in Windows??? In order to run it in terminal as I know it, I would have to unmount the drive, and in order to unmount the drive I would have to delete all the shares created…
  • youtu.be/L53DMHFzKMY Jellyfin Free and Open source media server install and setup on OMV.
  • genista -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x plugins not installable.

Thread
    Hello, I'm new here, and I have a problem. I have freshly installed OMV, updated the system with apt-get update and apt-get dist -upgrade, updated. OMV-EXTRAS was not on board and had to be installed with "wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash". so…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from dkxls: “btrfs. I have used it around 6 years ago ... OpenSUSE ... the snapshots btrfs automatically did and eventually ran out of disk space in /var ” Btrfs doesn't do snapshots on its own. I would believe you're talking about OpenSuse's
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Couldn't log in to the web interface.

Quote from johnfc2019: “Once the rsyslog had restarted, login was fine ” Which platform do you use? x64? ARM?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System Quota Check running for 12 hours after unexpected shutdown.

Quote from TrickyTrix: “mdmonitor.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE ” You should check this. And as already written I would strongly recommend to run a forced fsck on your RAID1 --> fsck -f Source Code (1 line)
  • TrickyTrix -

But it is original PicoPSU-150XT and like I said, it worked for over a year on another system without any problems. Is it normal for quotacheck to work for 12 hours and then show all logs in the same second (the moment system booted)? Part of the log is…
  • NasAxMan -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much. ” Ok, thank you - I'll give it a try ;) One question:…
  • NasAxMan -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread cockpit on RPi.

Like (Post)
    Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much.
  • ALX1S -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Help with WOL command.

Hi Pattex, Thanks for your reply, But yes, is actually enabled (on my previos linux server OS was working smoothly). I really need that feature to remotely turn on the server to access the files, but i am so happy with OMV, i really do not want to…
  • St0ne -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Failed to create a file system.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “You must have something Debian8 or OMV 3 in there to want php5. You don't want to see erasmus or jessie anywhere. ” Sorry, but i dont really understand your answer. All i did so far was installing Debian 9 from here:
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much.
  • tmdart -

Replied to the thread Docker Issue on Install.

I will try these steps in a couple of hours and get back with you.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from vcdwelt: “Was the Plex Plugin also given up? Or is there a chance for updates in near future? ” There is no chance for me to work on it. So, that means there is little to no chance for updates. Quote from Niemand: “what?! I don't like…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Failed to create a file system.

You must have something Debian8 or OMV 3 in there to want php5. You don't want to see erasmus or jessie anywhere.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Docker Issue on Install.

I was just able to install it on my rpi with apt-get purge docker-ce rm -rf /etc/docker rm -rf /var/lib/docker apt-get purge cockpit-docker docker-ce-cli omv-aptclean apt-get install docker-ce
  • flyinjoe13 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Missing space on boot drive....

Quote from NasAxMan: “Quote from flyinjoe13: “Here is what I did to move my docker files to my storage drive and have everything work without having to redo any docker settings. Everything worked just as it did before the move. 1.) I created a…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Photo / Picture - Gallery Software/Server [like Google / Synology].

perhaps lychee?: lychee.electerious.com/ have a docker to easy install