Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Ok, what is the output of cat /proc/mdstat Maybe it didn't stop?
  • bart70 -

root@bart-nas:/sharedfolders# ls -al /dev/md* brw-rw---- 1 root disk 9, 0 oct. 19 14:51 /dev/md0 and root@bart-nas:/sharedfolders# mdadm --assemble --verbose --force --update=summaries /dev/md0 /dev/sd[ahgfec] mdadm: looking for devices for…
  • cezargradianu -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Thank you ... for your answer so i used the SD card that was with the kit .. i bought this kit and it came with noobs ... i earased that and added OMV from the image that you just mentioned annd used etcher ... i am not sure why its not working. i also…
  • ryecoaaron -

What is the output of: ls -al /dev/md* I haven't seen this error before. If there is a different node in the output from above, use that node. Otherwise, try: mdadm --assemble --verbose --force --update=summaries /dev/md0 /dev/sd[ahgfec]
  • bart70 -

thanks for your message. Yes, i guess it's possible to lose .. .i hope i wont but i got a backup, if i can avoid the restoring time, it's cool ;) the commands gave me thoses results : root@bart-nas:/sharedfolders# mdadm --stop /dev/md0 mdadm: stopped…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread HDD issues, model n/a, Serial Number incorrect.

Quote from Alexio: “What do you mean with 'on a standard pc you would just look in the bios'? ” Sorry should have made that clearer, drive information is viewable in the bios on a laptop/pc but that's not possible on sbc's. The fact that you have…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Nefertiti: “How can we use the built in 128MB SPI flash? ” It's 128Mb which is 16MB. Just like other SBC that add the same amount of bootable SPI NOR flash this can be used to flash a bootloader (u-boot) to it. Then booting from USB and…
  • Alexio -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Alexio: “Also verified with a second disk, this one has the same issue (no model and S/N on main system, model and correct S/N on second system). ” To me that would point to a controller problem/issue rather than the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bart70: “seems my raid is still there .. .but inactive. how can i active it back ? i got an error on the sdb2 ? ” Inactive doesn't mean you will be able to get it back. Hope you have backup. You need to stop the old array first. mdadm
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from ggibeau: “file system still showing as missing ” If the array starts in auto-read-only mode every time you reboot, there is something wrong with the array. I'm not sure what is causing the issue though. Maybe google has an answer.
  • dziekon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes.

Quote from Agricola: “After implementing Syncthing for a few days I have been getting "failed to setup inotify handler. Please increase inotify limits, see docs.syncthing.net/users/faq.html#inotify-limits" warnings at the top of my Syncthing GUI. Going…
  • Install nextcloud, upload your photos share it and your done. See youtube.com/watch?v=PKsq7k2pwsI&t=1s
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread I think I have permissions problems, but I have no idea how to fix it.

When you ssh into your server and start creating directories or modify them as the root user they will automatically change to root the problem is when you set them for docker you probably gave them access to your admin account depending on your PUID…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x.

du kannst ja wenn alles glatt geht, hier auch mal ne positive Nachricht da lassen - damit die Fehlerthreads im Verhältnis weniger werden ;)
  • geaves -

Quote from Alexio: “Also verified with a second disk, this one has the same issue (no model and S/N on main system, model and correct S/N on second system). ” To me that would point to a controller problem/issue rather than the drive, seeing as how…
  • bart70 -

Source Code (168 lines)Source Code (15 lines)
  • bart70 -

i've found this on another topic and tried : Source Code (4 lines)and i've launched Source Code (20 lines)seems my raid is still there .. .but inactive. how can i active it back ? i got an error on the sdb2 ? Thanks
  • bart70 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Thread
    Hi, I rebooted my NAS, and ... i've lost my RAID . It was a linear one. All my disks seems ok. My filesystem still exist but can't found the raid .. .When i go in the RAID management section, i try to create a new one ... I can't because it don't find…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

You need to use a quality micro sd card something like a sandisk class 10, download the image and use etcher to flash the image to the card, plug the card in, connect to ethernet and wait, this should take no more than 30 mins to complete. Most common…
  • syrusstk -

Liked Earthlings’s post in the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Like (Post)
    Quote from syrusstk: “Quote from Earthlings: “Wow how did you do that. Did you have to install Plug In or anything for it to work? Let me try again with the Left Shift Shut Down thing... Thank you again. ” Will try to make it as simple as…