Recent Activities

• audiodandy -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

I have an Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 board (eMMC) I'm willing to help with testing the advantage of this board it has a SATA port, and ofcourse it's open hardware so the availability of the board is very good
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

If you really need to backup the OS drive every day you are doing something seriously wrong and your thoughts about using flash memory for the OS can be scrapped. Then you need a SSD. On the root filesystem I ONLY have apps and configuration. No, or at…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from silk186: “What is the best way to backup the OS drive? Can I automate it to make a back-up once a day? ” There are several threads here regarding this topic. To use the forum search is always a good choice ;) See here: Simplifying The OMV
  • silk186 -

That sounds good. I have two SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB drives. I recently discovered the internal USB port so I can plug the thumb drive in and plug in the SD card to make a backup of the thumb drive I think? What is the best way to backup the OS…
  • silk186 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    You can use either. But it might be best to use something that is easy to handle and easy to replace. And easy to have at least one spare for. In your place I'd go for USB thumbdrive. You can easily get another and clone them using any PC. But if you…
  • Gerald -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

I would like to point out that I have the same problem like riff-raff and I am using OMV 4.0 as well for some time. I described my problem a few posts above - maybe my explanation had too much details and was therefore confusing ... Result is the same:…
  • allwan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No boot by USB.

• votdev -

The package was not installed. Make the install instruction a one liner, then it should work.
  • JohnStiles -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Your proven iptables rules for Docker.

Thread
    Out of curiosity. What exact traffic rules do you use for containers? I hope that nobody keeps them unattended with full access in / out.
  • allwan -

• allwan -

You can use either. But it might be best to use something that is easy to handle and easy to replace. And easy to have at least one spare for. In your place I'd go for USB thumbdrive. You can easily get another and clone them using any PC. But if you…
  • adi_tca -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

@geaves: I was thinking also to try to install OMV on an SD card and see if I can boot from it after the OMV installation. Though, having OMV installed on this Lenovo laptop is just a temporary solution, to get used to OMV and see if it fits my long term…
  • adi_tca -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

Like (Post)
    Quote from adi_tca: “Quote from geaves: “From what I have searched for that Lenovo, when you say it's not seen is that within the Boot Option Menu? ” Yep, neither there, nor in the BIOS Setup - Information menu. If I format it as NTFS in Windows…
  • colbig86 -

Liked doguibnu’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Resolved Tunning Samba for more speed.

Like (Post)
    Hello Friends! You can have more speed in Samba share inside OMV. For this there are some commands to put in EXTRA OPTIONS in GLOBAL section or in share that you want. log level = 1 socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536 read…
  • paKKO -

Now follows TechnoDadLife.

Follow
  • This thread is a list of videos for installing and Setting up OMV and various popular programs. Please watch the video through a couple of times if you are having problems We are packing in a lot of information in a very distilled way. Any questions
  • M0rpheus -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from M0rpheus: “Hallo OMV, wo ist der unterschied zwischen dd und fsarchiver Methode? Ich verstehe den unterschied nicht ganz. dd - use dd to clone the entire drive to a compressed image file. fsarchiver - use fsarchiver to clone all partitions…
  • M0rpheus -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from M0rpheus: “It is perhaps a solution that you can completely backup the whole and in the case of failure of the system just restore the "backed up / backup image" needs. ” The backup plugin won't backup a data partition if you are using one…
  • votdev -

No, but you can install Debian and then OMV. Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)