Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rock64 media board.

Quote from richprim: “I have now tried both the stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.6.44-239 armhf and arm64 images Neither work. ” I've tested both and they worked fine for me. The main difference between armhf and arm64 is that - armhf allows for…
  • radio42 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters.

Yes, it is my software, and I already tried to get/determine the illegal filename causing the issue, however, the exception is thrown before I can actually catch or print anything. The reason is, that the .Net FileSystemWatcher internally creates its own…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters.

Run the rsync job manually verbosely on commands line to actually see what happens and maybe see if there is a path with a strange char. You can find the full Omv command in /var/lib/openmediavault/ prefixed with rsync-uuid Is this your software ? Can…
  • vcp_ai -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rock64 media board.

HI, I have rock64 2GB board. I´m using stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.6.44-239-armhf.img.xz image. It installed omv 4.xx It works, and I've succesfully updated via GUI to 4.1.8.2-1 I've not tested any more....
  • radio42 -

The monitoring is actually done by a C# application using the .Net FileSystemWatcher class (see here msdn.microsoft.com/library/sys…temwatcher(v=vs.110).aspx). The exception being thrown is the following: Source Code (10 lines) So yes, the smb share is…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Please help me with this simple problem.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The filesystem label has a space in it. You need to change it to remove the space. ” But this only relates to OMV3. OMV4 should have fixed that issue.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update apt-get update - error omv-mkaptidx importerror: no modules named 'apt'.

The system seems to be broken and required Debian packages are not installed. Make sure python3-apt is installed.
  • Ewies -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update apt-get update - error omv-mkaptidx importerror: no modules named 'apt'.

Hello, have the same problem and do not get it solved Source Code (25 lines)is there already a solution? Steffen
  • Ewies -

Hello, have the same problem and do not get it solved Source Code (25 lines)is there already a solution? Steffen
  • subzero79 -

The temp file is the file name plus an extension created by mktemp util. Doesn’t have those chars, is just 5 alpha numeric chars. Rsync is a separate binary, Omv doesn’t mantain it in case those filenames are created the way you mention. How is…
  • lh1983 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Resilio-Sync Permissions to write in a directory.

you need a space between your option "-R" and 755, and you need to make sure you run the chmod command when you're already in /var/lib. Personally, I would run the command as: "chmod -R 755 /var/lib/docker" just because I want to make sure I'm running…
  • peterrrjr -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from peterrrjr: “I have just upgrade OMV and I am having the same error. ” Everyone does until you fix it. It is a bug in the python package from the Debian repos. Quote from peterrrjr: “All the shares are working,…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

For me, it's easier to install NC directly than using Docker.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Please help me with this simple problem.

The filesystem label has a space in it. You need to change it to remove the space.
  • radio42 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters.

Thread
    It seems, that whenever a RSYNC is issued, that a temporary file is created, which contains illegal windows characters in the filename. This results in a windows application monitoring a certain folder on an OMV NAS to crash. Illegal windows filename…
  • Huberer -

Liked kekec888’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox on omv4.

Like (Post)
    @Huberer hmm mine stays the same, but you are right with file vboxdrv, but that doesnt seems to affect or give any errors in log... Try this for autoboot: I made a workaround solution - i created a script in /etc/init.d/startvm startvm file…
  • Huberer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox on omv4.

@kekec888 Thank you very much. I've tested your script and everything runs fine :thumbsup: After reboot the VM is back again. Perfect. @ryecoaaron Don't know but in my case the VM didn't start after reboot. Fortunately the script of @kekec888 runs good.
  • myscha -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wakealarm shenanigans.

Does the PC never wake up? I have the problem that it wakes once after a manual start and then never again, although /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm contains the expected time. Wakealarm only wakes once
  • Fako86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Login am WebGUI nicht möglich, da system voll.

Quote from macom: “löschen geht mit rm <datei/verzeichnisname>wenn das Verzeichnis nicht leer ist, rekursiv löschen mit rm -r <verzeichnisname> aber vorsicht, nur löschen, wenn ganz sicher um den Verzeichnis- oder Dateinamen einzugeben reicht es die…
  • Fako86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Login am WebGUI nicht möglich, da system voll.

Quote from macom: “Quote from Fako86: “und wie verhindere ich das die backups dahin kommen? ” Wie hast du sie denn dorthin bekommen?Befehl im CLI oder job in OMV? ” in omv job. aber wsl einen falschen pfad genommen. die 2 ordner hab ich da nicht…