Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• sjdaniels -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x smb access from mac.

That's permissions on your drive. You're seeing an error from your Mac that says something like "User attempting to make changes in Finder..." The drive permissions are off. I can't get into specifics... in the middle of a server crash from Bios…
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Possible to grow linear pool?.

Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, may be the best strategy for you is not RAID0 ... did you hear about UnionFS (in case of OMV v3.x is it mergerfs)? I dunno why OMV can not "grow" a RAID0 - and i'm missing the screenshot of the "Physical disks" and the "file…
  • ryanprice638 -

Replied to the thread The property 'path' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.backup'.

• Introduction Many new users of OpenMediaVault have selected this operating system because they want to run a media server. They expect it to provide functions such as serving media to local or remote clients and downloading and organizing new content.…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

You can download a live Clonezilla and burn it to a flash drive. Then clone the drive by using the 'save image' option. Choose Expert mode.... There is an option for you to fix bad sectors before cloning it: "Check and Repair System..." If you have…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Is there a way to require a password on writes?.

Not really. Once password Is entered privileges are granted in the samba layer. Why is the need for this ?
  • Nix -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x Is there a way to require a password on writes?.

Thread
    Is there a way to view files on my network drive as normally done after entering a user/password, but then require another password in order to write to any files? I'm not really familiar enough with the ins and outs of windows and linux security to know…
  • hoppel118 -

Liked Dr.Seltsam’s post in the thread My Mediaserver.

Like (Post)
    Hi there, I liked to shortly introduce my new "mediaserver": It's based on the tutorial for the "NAS Basic 3.0" provided by the "technikaffe" homepage with slight modifications: * MOBO: * Asrock J3455-ITX (with Apollo Lake Celeron CPU) * RAM: *…
  • FreshMike -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

• Dr.Seltsam -

Replied to the thread My Mediaserver.

Was das Rumfrickeln angeht, hast'e natürlich Recht: "Basteln macht Spaß!" Gitter ist/war auch schon drauf. Die Kabel rutschen aber zwischendurch. --> Kabelbinder Filter würde ich immer nur vor den "Einlass" machen, um die Büchse nicht unnötig zu…
  • Dr.Seltsam -

Was das Rumfrickeln angeht, hast'e natürlich Recht: "Basteln macht Spaß!" Gitter ist/war auch schon drauf. Die Kabel rutschen aber zwischendurch. --> Kabelbinder Filter würde ich immer nur vor den "Einlass" machen, um die Büchse nicht unnötig zu…
  • villusion -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) OMVextras - URbackup Server 3.0 on Debian Stretch (version 9).

Seems to work just fine if you manually install libcrypto++9 yourself onto OMV 4.x from an SSH terminal: packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/libcrypto++9/download
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x problem with linuxserver/plex in docker.

I've built a Plex container from the same image (linuxserver/plex) about a month ago and it worked fine. Over this weekend, I attempted to build another container from the same image ((well, an image with the same name)) and I got the same thing you…
  • Hi I am running into this problem constantly and I have traced it down its because I have installed the main docker files to a different drive. Why because docker is on a different drive does this start to become a problem.
  • nixmomo -

Naja alles auseinanderbauen um dran zu kommen ist doch genau das was Spaß macht? Ich hab in allen meinen Lüftern von außen Staubfilter und von innen Lüftergitter dran. Damit können keine Kabel das Ding blockieren. Lüfter Gitter bei Amazon Kann ich dir…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x problem with linuxserver/plex in docker.

Thanks for sharing this experience. It might help others in the same situation.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread About OMV Disk Change.

Clonezilla. But not on live system. If you installed omv-extras you can download clonezilla and configure OMV to start into Clonezilla at the next boot. Then you ssh into the machine and perform the clone of the system drive. Quite easy to perform the…
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from donh: “Will debian go to the 7.3 zfs? ” Debian has. I build these from Debian Sid (unstable). Quote from donh: “If backports gets an update to zfs will it be updated to extras repo? ” Not sure what you mean. 0.7.3 came from sid. If…
  • Pfeifenraucher -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x dnsmasq fails due to segfault to libc.

As I mentioned before, there was only a bad MAC-address (sort of aa:bb:cc.dd:ee) in dnsmasq-dhcphosts. After resolving this, dsnmasq came up without an error.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x System Disk Died - Help to Recover.

Quote from Ener: “Yep, you're absolutely right, I didn't have that in mind. But unfortunately, the backup option seems to be created for a BIOS installation as the grub_parts.dd-file is only a 512 Bytes file and the grub.dd only 446 Bytes. Seems like…