Recent Activities

• Laui -

Replied to the thread Can't login.

Ok now i installed it on a raspberry pi. After reboot i got an IP Adress 192.168.0.8. The Pi ist wired to my Cable Router in my Network. I typed 192.168.0.8 in Browser on my Windows PC in this Network, but there is a...
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole ” If you want to use your RPi only for pihole, why not install pihole directly without docker? github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/#one-step-automated-install If you want to use pihole parallel to…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

Did you get any error messages during install? Do you see UrBackup listed in the processes (diagnostics | system information | processes) UrBackup should be available when you enter this in the address bar of your browser ip.of.your.nas:55414 for…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread What am I missing here....

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Most of them talk about needing 16gb of RAM ” Most of those people need to visit linuxatemyram.com (multiple times). Just had this two days ago with a colleague responsible for web servers living as VMs on a hosted server with…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Laui: “an how i login in this Terminal? ” Better not in this case. Why do you try out OMV in the first place? To operate in 'Linux expert' mode on the command line or to use it as it's designed by visiting 10.10.2.15 in your case? If you want…
  • Laui -

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Admin password stops working.

In case things go weird again, please keep in mind that providing dmesg output here might enable others to help. Same goes for contents of /var/log/syslog. An easy way to provide both at an online pasteboard service is doing this: Source Code (2 lines)
  • zhangfeideya -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can I replace i5-2500t with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics?.

Quote from KM0201: “It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Laui: “What am i doing wrong? ” Using wrong logon credentials. 'admin' is for the web UI only accessible with a browser using the IP address shown above.
  • TrickyTrix -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System Quota Check running for 12 hours after unexpected shutdown.

I installed SystemRescueCD but it isn't working. I can select it in the boot menu but it is giving me errors. I logged via SFTP on OMV machine and the ISO is there so what can be the problem? forum.openmediavault.org/index…2c76b7d9bd071570f5a24bd90
  • Laui -

Posted the thread Can't login.

Thread
    Hi, i installed omv on VirtualBox under Windows 10, but after the first boot i can't login. i take username "admin" and password "openmediavault" but it always changes back to the starting point, see video youtu.be/apyQaSRARco What am i doing wrong?…
  • Ralfi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

I've installed qemu in my omv4 with a passend through CineS2 PCIe-Card. For setting-up my VMs i'm using the omv-remotedesktop, so i can do everything in the virtual Maschine manager using my tablet. No need for Cockpit, webwirtmgr or proxmox...
  • zhangfeideya -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can I replace i5-2500t with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics?.

Quote from KM0201: “It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on…
  • KM0201 -

It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on error). What I would do...…
  • zhangfeideya -

Quote from KM0201: “It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the…
  • It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the machine, are you…
  • MickBurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Admin password stops working.

OK, that's all a bit beyond me. I'll just hope swapping out the controller and cable took care of it! So far so good. Thanks!
  • KM0201 -

It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the machine, are you…
  • zhangfeideya -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can I replace i5-2500t with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics?.

Thread
    Hi friends: I have installed OMV4.X in a system whose CPU is i5-2500t. But it's a little hot with passive cooling system. So, can I replace it with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics? I have tried once, but failed. I cannot find the IP of…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

Urbackup has its on web page. Documentation can be found on urbackup.org/ If the web interface can´t be reached check if the urbackup service is running actually. Here in forum there are some threads from @flmaxey about several urbackup topics.