Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PeteyBling -

Replied to the thread Installation auf USB oder SSD?.

Hallo und entschuldigt bitte, dass ich den thread nochmal ausgrabe. Ich habe mein OMV 3.0.99 auf einer kleinen SSD, die momentan am SATA-Anschluss des Mainboards angeschlossen ist. Die anderen drei SATA-Anschlüsse sind mit HDDs belegt. (Das Mainboard…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Quote from .H.: “even if i re-execute everything. ? ” The command you are executing appends lines to the openmediavault.list file. So, it adds the same line every time you run it. Quote from .H.: “i juste need to remove the line ? ” nano is a…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from Mr.Grape: “I assume that HC1 would be able to handle 3.5 if it is done by a guerrilla method using only data sata cable and a separate power supply ” The problem then is cabling since HC1/HC2 use a combined SATA data/power receptacle and…
  • evilfootware -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

voted. Netdata and unifi controller/unifi video would be good videos
  • Mr.Grape -

A little offtop. But if we are already talking about HC1/2 and 3.5 hdd then I assume that HC1 would be able to handle 3.5 if it is done by a guerrilla method using only data sata cable and a separate power supply. Rather HC1 does not require a dummy load…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation.

Why do you want to install another ftp server? OMV already installs proftpd. Undo the vsftpd Installation to fix your issue.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x crash omv-mkconf and omv-update.

You’ve tried to fix the Python error issue yourself. Really, this was no good idea because it seems you did not have known what you have done. Undo all your changes to get it working again. And for the future, don’t touch everything you don’t know about.
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread WhatsApp backup.

Whatsapp only backs up at iCloud or Google Drive (depending which phone you use). So it is not possible to make a backup of your Whatsapp on your own server.
  • Mr.Grape -

@lucamoiana You can also ask here: kamami.com/odroid-hc2-computer…d-hc2-home-cloud-two.html Not the cheapest option. And they probably do not make scams to my knowledge ... kamami.com/content/9-shipping
  • syrusstk -

Liked HayJans’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN Setup.

Like (Post)
    I had the same problem with running OpenVPN in OMV on a ODROID XU4. Same output in OpenVPN client status window. Eventually it timed out and generated -amongst other- the following message: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN - can't log in.

After poking a while to make this work and yes THIS thread helped a lot to figure out my problem. Could not find a tutorial for this at all but here it is my attempt of creating one: - First install the plugin (openmediavault-openvpn 4.0.1) SETTINGS:
  • tkaiser -

Quote from lucamoiana: “Are we talking about these boards? ” See the links @Mr.Grape posted (and keep in mind what @Adoby wrote wrt customs/VAT -- maybe you're also lucky) In the past you could order ODROID hardware pretty cheap from pollin.de (but due…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from lucamoiana: “Ok, last question: Are we talking about these boards? HardKernel odroid della C2 einplatinen di computer, 1,5 GHz Quadcore, 2 GB RAM, 4 X USB amazon.it/dp/B01CY4V5LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IanOBbAZ2N0C3 NanoPi Scheda demo con…
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

even if i re-execute everything. ? i juste need to remove the line ? nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list and how can i access to omv after that ? thanks
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from tkaiser: “BTW: I totally second that idea to spend the additional few bucks and take a HC2 even if it's now only about 2.5" disks. In 2 years most probably 10-12 TB 3.5" disks will have the best cost/capacity ratio and then being able to…
  • lucamoiana -

Ok, last question: Are we talking about these boards? HardKernel odroid della C2 einplatinen di computer, 1,5 GHz Quadcore, 2 GB RAM, 4 X USB amazon.it/dp/B01CY4V5LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IanOBbAZ2N0C3 NanoPi Scheda demo con UbuntuCore NEO2 Allwinner…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Mr.Grape: “You can aim at Odroid HC1. I have it done with 2.5 hdd and it works well. Or HC2 if you want to be free in the future for 3.5 ” BTW: I totally second that idea to spend the additional few bucks and take a HC2 even if it's now only…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from lucamoiana: “Ok, so would you use: C1 or else for torrents and plex And what else for photos on raid ? ” Personally, in your place I would use Odroid HC1 or HC2 as the main machine for everything and as a backup I added a second sbc…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from lucamoiana: “raid ” I don't need RAID at home. RAID is ONLY about availability (and with RAID5 or 6 also somewhat about data integrity). At home I'm only interested in data integrity (I hate silent data corruption since that's something…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from lucamoiana: “Thanks for your help. My goal is to save money and use minimum power, what I need is to manage: One disk, possibly the one I already have, dedicated to torrent and plex; An external USB disk dedicated to my photos; An external…