Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Actually my fault, sorry, this is wrong md127: active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb [0] sdc [1] Execute mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 then do cat /proc/mdstat and you should see the raid resyncing once complete it should be fine.
  • Nito -

Replied to the thread OMV - Resilio at startup.

Hi Macom, Thank you so much for your quick response. This afternoon I have been testing '/pi/home/rslsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888' and it's works!! Moreover, following your advice, I'm going to test the other option (systemctl) Thanks!
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Quote from Warlock00: “I did not even know what ftp was for before. I think I've solved that by saving me the command lines can you tell me a good app for ftp? thank you so much ” Depends what you are using, for windows and linux you can use…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread Configure OMV 4.1.3 with AD 10000+ users.

I don't have 10000 users so take this with a grain of salt. I use sssd instead of winbind. It is a much newer way of doing things. I have a script in this thread that works for most windows ad. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ You…
  • jsimmonstx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't see Existing Folders.

Thread
    I have managed to get shares configured, but when I browse the shares from Windows, I can't see folders that already exist on the shares. I have not yet tried it from another Linux box. I did't want to try creating a new folder until I was sure it…
  • Warlock00 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

I did not even know what ftp was for before. I think I've solved that by saving me the command lines can you tell me a good app for ftp? thank you so much
  • razvanrudy -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread core New User Guide - Getting Started with Openmediavault.

Like (Post)
    This link is to the unofficial user setup guide; Getting Started with Openmediavault. ((Alternate: Getting Started with Openmediavault)) This user manual is targeted toward beginners who have experience with Windows or Apple PC's and some understanding…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved omv-extras - ca-certificates error.

Why not just enable ntp from the omv web interface (System -> Date & Time tab)? That is one of the first things I do when setting up a new system. Glad it is fixed though.
  • hoppel118 -

Liked riff-raff’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Like (Post)
    I got the notification this morning, that pending sectors turned into offline uncorrectable ones ... I'll replace the drive.
  • hoppel118 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Like (Post)
    This is a warning that you should consider a new drive. Don’t rely on sectors reallocating. Just replace it. To force reallocation you need to attempt a write on that sector.
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Quote from arik: “ Since there is not any plugin for NextCloud I have installed it under Docker. ” These may help: youtu.be/PKsq7k2pwsI youtu.be/TkjAcp8q0W0
  • bfeio -

solved Quote from squ4nchy: “I figured it out. The clock of my NAS was set to 14th November 2016, as certs are time sensitive this was causing the issue, I resolved it by installing ntp to synchronise my NAS to a time server. For anyone else…
  • hyperg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available.

You're right... When set to DHCP OMV plug ins and updates are downloaded and installed...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Quote from arik: “Is it correct to install Docker and its content under the OS USB flash drive ? It seems to me that is slowing down everythings. i'd like to minimaze the access to the USB key. ” You install Docker on your USB but you can point your…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Probem with rsync between OMV and QNAP and vice versa.

My understanding of this is that you have to use the remote mount plugin, so you would mount the qnap share on omv using that plugin. I tested this option on my local network using a Pi, but I have no idea how you would set this up using a vpn.
  • arik -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Thread
    Hello, I ma new to this forum and to OMV. I have a fresh OMV 4.x installed in a 64Gb USB flash Drive ( flashRAM plugin activated ), 8Gb RAM, 2x2TB WD Red. My target is: HD1 (2Tb)alpha HD2 (2Tb)beta ( mirror of HD1 by rsynch scheduled job ) Run…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread New to OMV....

Quote from razvanrudy: “Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) they can…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

If /proc/mdstat still shows the array in auto-read-only mode, now would be the time to execute the mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 command. After that post, the output of cat /proc/mdstat again.
  • ryecoaaron -

If you search the forum, you will see this come up from time to time. I still don't know what causes it (it isn't omv-extras) or how to fix it. Maybe one of the suggestions in those other threads will work on your system but they haven't worked on the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x ZFS and iSCSI.

Did you disable backports? This can be done in omv-extras.