Recent Activities

• systemd doesn't exist in the docker. The only program that is run is apache. You should have cron technically running in its own container.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from Niemand: “In Plex I have the info "a new version is available". But in the update window of OMV no Plex-update can be seen. How can I update it? ” If the plex repo is enabled and you have clicked Check in the Updates tab but still see no…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Quote from Nefertiti: “Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed. ” I really wish RPis would go away... Try this as root: sed -i "/^.*stretch-backports.*$/d" /etc/apt/sources.list omv-changerepo 'Docker CE'
  • Qshtr -

Liked reverendspam’s post in the thread My Closet Monster.

Like (Post)
    My 4 year old system using OMV4, complete with dust bunnies. These are the prices I paid at the time I bought the products. I've noticed that processors have doubled / tripled in price since. $70 - MSI B150M Pro-vdh $56 - Pentium G440 CPU - 2 cores $48…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

Even if you wiped the drives, there might be some signatures left on them. What is the output of wipefs -n /dev/sd? exchange ? according to your actual drives.
  • edraniin -

Replied to the thread pobleme with docker.

where do I have to change the localhost? Is it in docker ? or may be with shellinabox ?
  • Philbert -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

Thread
    Hey Guys, Newbie to OpenMediVault - well I want to be!!! Currently using FreeNAS 11 as a Home File Server and would like to convert to Open Media Vault for the same purpose...Last night, I loaded Open Media Vault with the four (4) WD 8TB Red Hard…
  • geaves -

So you are trying to use mysql rather mariadb? as per the video, that's a different setup and you would need to substitute the appropriate references, but the access denied is because mysql is set as localhost you need to change that in the gui for mysql…
  • genista -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from genista: “Please be patient with me ” We are. Just wanted to point you to some really usefull information in the forum and related to OMV. Check out the links in my signature.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread 6TB WD Red in HC2 - am I definitely going to have problems with spindown?.

Disable hdparm with hdparm -B255 /dev/sda just to be sure. To set hd-idle to 90 min should be HD_IDLE_OPTS="-i 5400 -l /var/log/hd-idle.log" but should not matter on the HC2 as the firmwares should take care of the spindown.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Help with WOL command.

Quote from ALX1S: “it was working before with previos firmware anyway ” Which firmware upgrade? Could this be the reason why it is not working any more?
  • Thanks for trying to help, but I entered that command within the container running PHP/Apache in Docker, and it says systemctl is not a valid command. docker exec -it webserver bash ("webserver" is my container's name, and this command gets me into…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System Quota Check running for 12 hours after unexpected shutdown.

You could boot a live distro like SystetmRescueCD which is available in omv-extras (Kernel tab). That should work for sure. I am not sure if you could unmount the drive from CLI, check the disk and reboot ("mount -a" might be enough).
  • edraniin -

I have a new problem with mysql : root@0102f27443cc:/# mysql uroot -p Enter password: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) do you know what is the problem ?
  • Niemand -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a…
  • edraniin -

thank you fou answers. I have finally finde the solution. it was just the mysql program who was starting .
  • Have you tried systemctl enable crond.service
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x A way to know which disk replace on a bay ?.

Quote from lenainjaune: “A solution that works ? ” Using /dev/disk/by-id for example: hellion.org.uk/blog/posts/hotswap-failed-raid-disk/ Those device nodes should contain the drive's serial (e.g. in /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3000DM001-1CH166_W1F2QSV6 it's…
  • Can anyone answer this? I would prefer to have something auto-run after the container is started, but building it into container creation would work. It appears that using rc.local and/or rc.d isn't the way it's done in Debian.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Quote from genista: “Please be patient with me ” We are. Just wanted to point you to some really usefull information in the forum and related to OMV. Check out the links in my signature.