Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Konsti -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found..

Thanks mate, I didn't consider this obvious solution! Had the same problem on v4.1.2 and indeed, clearing cache fixes the error.
  • Konsti -

Liked Math.’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found..

Like (Post)
    Cleared my browser data, and the error was gone. lol
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Njuilpo: “I read that the RockPro 64 is a nice board and it could do the job for my NAS. Combined with this case pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-metal-desktopnas-casing it seems a good solution to me. ” I have both. It is a nice…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't see Existing Folders.

OK now I think I understand, 1) The drives had exiting data on them, that data is stored in the three folders you stated previously Movies, Tv Shows, Music. 2) You have created a share for each drive Media1 through Media5 3) You expected the folders…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

When you downgraded to 3 did you do a clean install and reset the raid, because when omv is set up the fstab entry is created when you create the raid.
  • cruachan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Thanks for the very detailed reply. There's obviously a lot in it that I'll need to digest and much more reading to get my head around the Cli for dockers and the MPD server but you've given me a huge leg-up. I've setup a Virtualbox instance so I can…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Der Befehl mount -a hift nicht und bring auch keine Ausgabe. Ich vermute mal weil in fstab nichts vom RAID drinsteht: Source Code (14 lines)
  • jsimmonstx -

I have five analog drives, each are 2TB to 3TB. The volume labels are "Media_1" through "Media_5" All of the drives have a single EXT4 partition consuming all of the space on the drive. All of the drives have existing data (the three folders I…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

Quote from barney5: “Source Code (11 lines) I can not recognize a resyncing. How can I mount (mount) the raid? ” Well that is now showing the Raid as active rather than this; md127: active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb [0] sdc [1] mount -a
  • geaves -

Quote from jsimmonstx: “But I don't see those three folders under either of the shares. ” Ok I don't want to cloud this any further, but how did you create create those shares>>Movies, TV Shows, Music
  • jsimmonstx -

I did that. The shares show up in windows, but I can't see the existing folders in the share. I see this: OMVMedia | + Media2 + Media3 Both Media2 and Media3 have the following folders Media2 | + Movies + TV Shows + Music But I don't see…
  • macom -

Hier ist übrigens ein Thread mit einem ähnlichen Problem: Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x
  • macom -

/proc/mdstat sicht jetzt gut aus. Ich würde den Server neu starten. Wenn das RAID danach immer noch nicht eingebunden ist, noch mal cat /proc/mdstat posten.
  • macom -

You need to tell OMV what to do with a shared folder. If you want to use SMB/CIFS with the shared folder you have to add it to that service. Same with FTP, WEBDav or other services.
  • barney5 -

Source Code (11 lines) ein resyncing kann ich nicht erkennen. Wie kann ich das Raid einbinden (mounten)?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

It's time for a little "off topic" show and tell. :) This is what I meant about trim carpentry: All windows are new, maintenance free vinyl, intended for new construction. Here's an unfinished window, sitting in a rough opening.
  • I have 2 users with the same permissions. One works and the other doesn't. with the second user I can write files but I cant copy files to a local system. When I do I get the following error "If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected…
  • jsimmonstx -

So I have to share the existing folders separately? I thought I could get away with sharing the root of the partition... Maybe I did that part incorrectly? I'll ave to wait until I get home to check out the videos. I watched a couple of the tech dad…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Quote from Warlock00: “I would like to move files between the folders without having to access a pc. I thought ssh was the best choice. ” You could use midnight commander to do that. To install sudo apt install mc To start sudo mc Search the internet…