Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bkeadle -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false.

Well, maybe not so fast. I'm now trying to create another mirror set, with 2 newly created LVM disks. When I go to create a new RAID device, they are not available devices to select.
  • vcdwelt -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wrong File owner, something very strange happened.

Didn't know that having another Partition isn't supported. Did find a tutorial how to do it and it sounds good to me. Had it already on OMV3 and did the same under OMV4. Will remeber it on next installation and don't create another Partiton :!: Maybe i…
  • bkeadle -

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote from NASNoob1: “Will the ZFS plugin be supported a long time in OMV? ” Hopefully. Even if the plugin isn't supported, you could still use zfs as long as Debian supports it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bkeadle: “So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"? ” I think it is just presentation based on your other output.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Quote from macom: “Would be nice to enhance anacron so that it is possible to put a command directly rather than selecting a script. ” Did you see the note under the dropdown? If you don't have a script, you can type the command.
  • bkeadle -

I'm seeing the same thing for another iSCSI target to a Linux client, correctly showing it as an ext4 partition. These appeared after having rebooted, and having done an "mdadm --assemble --scan". So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not…
  • NASNoob1 -

I will test it out with my 1 GB WD Green soon. It's a trash drive so, perfect for testing. Will the ZFS plugin be supported a long time in OMV? Don't want to set up ZFS and then in a few updates I can't use it anymore.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Would be nice to enhance anacron so that it is possible to put a command directly rather than selecting a script. Especially for less experienced users it is more easy to put a command.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bkeadle: “Is that normal? ” It looks like a bug in the raid management display code where it is finding the partition created by Windows.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from NASNoob1: “Still not showing up in drive list. Am I missing something? ” This is probably a sign to not use a usb stick :D What is device name (ie /dev/sda)?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x /srv/dev-disk....is not a mountpoint.

Post the content of your options textbox.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from flmaxey: “rsnapshot sync's shared folders - not entire drives ” you can use rsnapshot on /sharedfolders on OMV4 which basically backups all the user data
  • NASNoob1 -

I wiped it and there is no file system on it now. Still not showing up in drive list. Am I missing something?
  • bkeadle -

I used a print screen to show the OMV RAID Management screen, along with the putty output. Correct, the 'cat /proc/mdstat' doesn't show any problems, but what's up with the /dev/md4p1 showing under RAID management? /dev/md4 is an iSCSI block target for…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wrong File owner, something very strange happened.

This would be a nightmare to write a tutorial for someone who is a beginner. I will look at the plugin to see if I can backup all partitions on the OS disk. Just remember that having additional partitions on the OS disk technically isn't support.
  • Stealthvince -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x /srv/dev-disk....is not a mountpoint.

Thank you for fast reply Aaron! Done and... Have this error: Source Code (19 lines) Seems to be the NFSVER=3 ? Source Code (14 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

Just a note, you can cut&paste from putty. Your output of cat /proc/mdstat doesn't show any problems. What is the query detail of md2?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Frequent Communication Failures.