Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tzinm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Quote from subzero79: “If it has extension it won’t work. ” I am watching the logs, and when I test the notification it returned this: Source Code (1 line)Maybe you know what´s going on. Thank you
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Slow copy speed.

You don't specify anything about your network. Most likely that is where you will find the problem. I assume you have fresh pristine software installs and updated drivers and so on. If not, fix that! Then try to rule out damaged or unseated cables and…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I upgraded to nextcloud 14 and added Source Code (1 line) to my nginx-config my config is: Source Code (98 lines) I get no errors within Nextcloud -> Settings ->Overview, but checking Nextcloud Security Scan throws me:
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from geaves: “Exactly, but to the average home user they believe that raid is the option to have, but when something like that happens (which can also happen from a power outage) they think they have lost everything and the issue is with the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Quote from Ciccius: “No, just the physical interface eth0. ” Ok. I moved this to its own thread since that other thread was caused by a bonding issue. I highly doubt the issue with your rock64 is the image. I have a rockpro64 from ayufan (same…
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Stopping the inactive array and assembling it allowed it to be started degraded. ” Exactly, but to the average home user they believe that raid is the option to have, but when something like that happens (which can also happen…
  • Ciccius -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Are you really trying to setup bonded network adapters on the rock64? ” No, just the physical interface eth0.
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Damn ! I don't have this problem since longtime.. and was ok yesterday... i try to find the problem, and i'm back
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Ciccius: “Thank you votdev, I'll try another image, maybe 64 bits version or the official OMV image for Rock64. ” Are you really trying to setup bonded network adapters on the rock64?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “I would agree, but I tried this when I first started using software raid as a test when I set up an iscsi backup in school, the output was the same inactive. The idea behind it was to utilise the previous server which had been…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error deamon and notification mail.

Quote from votdev: “Quote from Methy: “Is it possible to disable email notification for this alert ? (while concerving others) ” No ” Thx :)
  • Ciccius -

Thank you votdev, I'll try another image, maybe 64 bits version or the official OMV image for Rock64.
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “Seriously? Is this expected behavior with mdraid's RAID-5 mode? ” With one drive missing, it should start degraded. ” I would agree, but I tried this when I first started using software raid as a test…
  • geaves -

Quote from tkaiser: “Seriously? ” Yep, that's my understanding, hence the inactive from the mdstat call.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “Seriously? Is this expected behavior with mdraid's RAID-5 mode? ” With one drive missing, it should start degraded.
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Slow copy speed.

Quote from geaves: “In software raid simply pulling a drive from your system whilst shutdown, then switching it back on, will result in the raid being inaccessible ” Seriously? Is this expected behavior with mdraid's RAID-5 mode? Honest question…
  • votdev -

I can't reproduce this in the Vagrant box used for testing and delevoping (based on AMD64), so i am sure the problems coming from the image. I don't know how this image is build and which customizations are done to the Debian system, so i am out at this…
  • Ciccius -

Quote from votdev: “First question, are you up-to-date with the updates? I really can't reproduce this, either i'm setting up a static and DHCP interface. Are you using any backport packages? Maybe dialog has been changed in a newer version? Note, OMV…
  • geaves -

Quote from JimT: “I was hoping that in the event of a disk failure, the data would remain available ” It would, because in OMV's GUI the raid would show as clean -degraded but with Raid 5 the data would still be accessible. In software raid simply…