Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hdtroll -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Connecting to SMB share from Windows Server 2003.

Thread
    I have a situation where I got OMV installed on a Raspberry Pi and as I thought it would be helpful and could be easily accessed by a Windows Server 2003 system and a new Windows 10 system. I'm able to connect, view, etc. from the Windows 10 system…
  • shimue93 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Quote from happyreacer: “do you use http or https ? ” ich habe das update nocheinmal manuell gemacht und nun geht es wieder. leider bin ich nicht schlau geworden. woher der fehler kam.
  • robster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Ubunutu 18.04 - How to automount a CIFS?.

TADA!!!!!!! That worked. Thank you so much. It makes so much sense, if I was trying for //openmediavault.xxx earlier I should also have used the // when changing to IP address. Thanks again, much appreciated.
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

@Frepke mr-grape.8w4.ovh/Frepke/ login: Patrick password: Demo And here you have a very simple example of how this might look like for your friend if you based this solution on a web server. I'm not trying to convince you for this solution. This is…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread My OMV Build.

Quote from ottoking: “Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support. ” I did upgrade without problems so far. Thank yoy.
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV.

Hi everyone. I can't seem to find the ability to search this thread, so I hope this isn't already answered. I have snapraid setup to send an e-mail to me from its nightly sync/scrub per the diff script. Everything is working fine except the e-mail is a…
  • jericho -

Liked ottoking’s post in the thread My OMV Build.

Like (Post)
    Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support.
  • I WANTEED TO TAKE THIS SPECIAL TIME TO GIVE MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO MACOM FOR HIS PATIENCE AND VALUED ASSISTANCE AND DIRECTION WITH ME SEETING UP 2X HC1"s AS NAS ON NETWORK. I HAVE AN EXTREME DISABILITY AND IT THEREFORE TOOK ME 2 1/2 DAYS TO GET THEM…
  • gderf -

sftp is a core capability within OMV, no plugin needed. However if you want chroot'd sftp you have to either hand configure for that or use the plugin. I don't use the plugin myself as I have a chroot'd sftp hand configuration I have been using for many…
  • I WANTEED TO TAKE THIS SPECIAL TIME TO GIVE MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO MACOM FOR HIS PATIENCE AND VALUED ASSISTANCE AND DIRECTION WITH ME SEETING UP 2X HC1"s AS NAS ON NETWORK. I HAVE AN EXTREME DISABILITY AND IT THEREFORE TOOK ME 2 1/2 DAYS TO GET THEM…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from Frepke: “Of course I'll take advice from you and other forum members. That's why I asked the question, for advice and help.I am grateful to everyone who has taken the time to give me advice. So I've 2 options now. 1 is the vpn option 2 is…
  • newbieHC1HC2 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x GLITCHES WITH NAS1 AND NAS2 SETUPS. ALSO Apple iPad iOs question..

Thread
    First, I was careful setting up OMV. I kept NotePad and recorded all IDs/Passwords, key information. I linked them to workstation PC (Windows 7 PeodwaaionL 7YR OLD PC) and BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP (WINDOWS 10 S) lAPTOP LOST ACCESS TO NAS1 saying password…
  • sam_scade -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Possible to upgrade from 1.x or 2.x directly to 4.x ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from sam_scade: “Ok, fresh install of OMV only or fresh install of OMV + Linux (=format my server) ? ” The version of Debian Linux that each OMV version is running is different (except for 1.x and 2.x). So, a fresh install requires a fresh…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Possible to upgrade from 1.x or 2.x directly to 4.x ?.

Quote from sam_scade: “Ok, fresh install of OMV only or fresh install of OMV + Linux (=format my server) ? ” The version of Debian Linux that each OMV version is running is different (except for 1.x and 2.x). So, a fresh install requires a fresh…
  • rayycy -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED].

Hi godfuture I just came across your interesting method for storing keyfile on a USB. It's appealing because it seems to reduce one layer of operation in the process chain. However I'm having trouble understanding your commands. Could you (or anyone…
  • sam_scade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Possible to upgrade from 1.x or 2.x directly to 4.x ?.

Ok, fresh install of OMV only or fresh install of OMV + Linux (=format my server) ? In first case how to uninstall OMV ? like this forum.openmediavault.org/index…-OMV-from-a-Debian-Linux/ ?
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Quote from mcgyver83: “What I want to achieve is the have something like raid 1: real time synch between folders on hdd_1 and on hdd_2.What about configuring e real raid 1 with an already filled disk? Is it possible? ” Is raid1 possible on sbc…
  • sam_scade -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x UPS Identifer pattern.

Like (Post)
    Quote from sam_scade: “just because when I upgrade my servers this make a error because i named my UPS with capital letters in OMV1,2,3 ” Like I said before, the code hasn't changed. Here is the code: