Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago. ” Couldn't upgrade the system through the update management menu. Tought I might have a faulty OS drive. Decided to…
  • dcovach -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount point.

For the life of me I can't map this mac folder in OMV remote mount. I can map it in windows 10 using the same //server/share but not in OMV. Any tricks I should know before I give up? Using guest account and no luck.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

With the ZOL project being sponsored and ran by the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, well,, that's really powerful backing. (Tax payer funded.) It's no wonder why more is going on in ZOL. Yep, this hiccup with kernel 5 should be resolved in no time.
  • zibbp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount drives without formatting.

Yes, I'm passing the disks through the VM like on my old setup. Linux sees the disks just fine, but it thinks it's weird filesystem and doesn't want to mount or have anything to do with them. Edit: Here's a link showing some images imgur.com/a/KVvfBDr
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from zibbp: “No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system. ” If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Quote from flmaxey: “Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux? ” Probably solaris in the corporate world but bsd switched to ZoL because there is more work happening on Linux.
  • kenh -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

Thread
    I have downloaded OMV version: OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz and installed on Pi3 micro sd with Etcher. Seems to hang at the line: "Started Daily apt upgrade and clean activities." The activity light blinks but never reboots. Have waited over…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ellnic: “I wonder if this will encourage major changes... the kind of changes that probably haven’t happened in order to maintain compatibility with FreeBSD? ” Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user…
  • ellnic -

Good. :) I wouldn’t be without ZOL and I wouldn’t use FreeBSD. Talking of which, looks like they’ll soon being using the ZOL code: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=FreeBSD-ZFS-On-Linux I wonder if this will encourage major changes... the kind of…
  • ellnic -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Like (Post)
    Seems the zfs fix is pretty trivial... github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8259 Quote from https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8259: “just disable the vectorized versions of the checksums if _kernel_fpu{begin,end} are not detected. ”
  • Jozi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installing OMV on EUFI (J4105) Tutorial Available?.

So far, so good! I have a few shared drives/folders setup. I'm just trying to figure out Duplicati with Backblaze B2, so far so good, which was important to get working. Next I'll start with the more fun stuff!
  • zibbp -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab? ” No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab,…
  • ryecoaaron -

If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?
  • Marfio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently…
  • Marfio -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “My idea is to mount raid througt OMV ” Still you need to get rid of your RAID controller since otherwise you can only continue to use your disks on another machine featuring a compatible hardware RAID controller. So if you really…
  • Marfio -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently or as a software raid.
  • peterxxx -

Replied to the thread Folder Created Date and Modified Date change when access file inside them.

I found what is causing this: If file does NOT have ANY metadata (you can check file with Terminal command "xattr") and you open it, it will receive at least "com.apple.lastuseddate#PS" metadata thus system would treat this as file change and will…
  • Reutemann -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

Well....it seems that was it. Disable all APM somehow did the trick as it's been few days with 0 disconnects. I wanted to leave this feedback here in case, someone faces something similar. Drive is a posrtable Toshiba USB 3, 2TB (not sure the real disk…
  • peterxxx -

Posted the thread Folder Created Date and Modified Date change when access file inside them.

Thread
    Hi, I just notice that on one Share I have situation that if I access file inside folder (e.g. open JPEG to view it) "Created Date" and "Modified Date" of folder containing opened file (parent folder) will get today date and time! I have two SMB Shares…