Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “sometimes I use AFP ” Good luck. macOS uses UTF-8 decomposed while the rest of the world followed Windows who use UTF-8 precomposed. Using anachronistic/ancient protocols that do not take care about server and client encodings…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Frepke: “I believe SFTP is safe for the transfered files, but I want protect my nas to be accessible for everyone on the internet ” SFTP is basically SSH. So following 'best practices' for SSH you'll achieve the same for SFTP (e.g. binding…
  • Blabla -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    The choice is entirely up to you. Both work :) Is there anything in the 4.17 change log that you need? If not, it may be better to stick on 4.16. If you just want the latest available kernel, then go for it.
  • ottoking -

Replied to the thread My OMV Build.

Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support.
  • sam_scade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Some more informations : History : I have srvbkup01 on OMV2 wich work since long time to mount 2 or 3 servers to backup tehm. In parallel to gradualy upgrade to omv4, I installed a new one srvbkup02 on omv4 we are talking about. In fact un mount same…
  • xsasx -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Unable to access OMV Gui via VPN.

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Ubunutu 18.04 - How to automount a CIFS?.

Try: //192.168.20.22/NUC-backups ... instead of: 192.168.20.22/NUC-backups ...
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

The choice is entirely up to you. Both work :) Is there anything in the 4.17 change log that you need? If not, it may be better to stick on 4.16. If you just want the latest available kernel, then go for it.
  • Adoby -

Liked bkraul’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Ubunutu 18.04 - How to automount a CIFS?.

Like (Post)
    Why don't you just add it to fstab? It will be mounted on startup. All you need is to make sure you have cifs-tools installed by running: Source Code (1 line)Create you a credential file inside of root's home /root/.smbcredentials and put your…
  • DerVerloreneSohn -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Planmäßige SMART-Tests starten nicht.

Thread
    Ich habe für alle meine Festplatten planmäßige SMART-Tests eingerichtet. Diese Nacht jedoch lief keiner davon durch. Ich habe vier Laufwerke, für welche ich alle um 4 * * * (also 4 Uhr, jeden Tag), einen kurzen Selbsttest eingestellt habe. Einmal im…
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Hi, I need to turn off my NAS for some days, should I install the new 4.17 kernel or is better to remain with the 4.16?
  • xsasx -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Unable to access OMV Gui via VPN.

Thread
    Hi All, im connecting via VPN into my network- all is accessable also I can Ping OMV and I can see the login Page of OMV in my Safari Browser (iOS) but if I enter my credentials - i will be throw back to Login page... if i enter my credentials wrong i…
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread Best silent micro ATX case?.

Quote from gderf: “Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard? Mine is in my gun safe. ” Sadly yes :/ My home is old and I don't have ethernet plug everywhere.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Quote from mcgyver83: “What about configuring e real raid 1 with an already filled disk? ” Using RAID in combination with RPi is not recommended. Many issues have been reported in the forums.
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

Ok, in fact were media and metadata folder the fat ones. I moved to the external hdd drive using symlink and now I'm fine. Thanks to your hints I can find out who is taking too much space ;) Thanks
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Quote from mcgyver83: “I bought another external usb hdd (same capacity) and I want to setup OMV to "mirror" some folder from the old hdd to this new one. ” Set up a rsync or rsnapshot job to mirror the two drives. usb-backup plugin might also be a…
  • mcgyver83 -

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from mcgyver83: “Hi all, I'm running OMV3 on a raspberry pi2 B. I have an external USB hdd where I have some photos and data as a backup. Since a couple of weeks I started receiving warning mail from SMART related to this…
  • mcgyver83 -

Quote from Adoby: “Why not just copy over the contents of the old drive to the new? Why use OMV? ” I'm using OMV for many things and also as backup platform. The main backup storage is attached to the raspberry with OMV.
  • Frepke -

Quote from gderf: “If you know what sftp is, tell me how it does not meet your needs. ” Hello gderf, Sorry, I don't have that knowledge :( I believe SFTP is safe for the transfered files, but I want protect my nas to be accessible for everyone on the…
  • gderf -

If you know what sftp is, tell me how it does not meet your needs.