Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Frepke -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, given that OMV/SBC support seems to be "experimental", at best ” You just can't stop spreading BS? The RPi is crap and a shame for the whole ARM ecosystem. But that does not apply to good ARM SBC.
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

I used a third key yesterday, also Kingston 8GB. It was labeled "the real thing" by F3 and I used Etcher to put the Iso on it. I veryfied the checksum of the downloaded iso as gderf suggested. It is not appearing as boot media in my Asus laptop and in my…
  • dariusz_w -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4.

I haven't worked on OMV 3, but recently switched to OMV 4 on my raspberry pi. Sadly, OpenVPN is broken. Even, that dashboard showing 2 green dots on service, however from logs I see that OpenVPN exit with error. Source Code (3 lines) Tried reinstalling…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, given that OMV/SBC support seems to be "experimental", at best ” You just can't stop spreading BS? The RPi is crap and a shame for the whole ARM ecosystem. But that does not apply to good ARM SBC.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

Quote from bvrulez: “My Kingston 16 GB and 8 GB USB storage both are "damaged". ” Welcome to reality ;) Seriously: A lot of people if not even the majority of flash storage users suffers from exactly this problem. And it's really sad that installation…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x doppelte Datenträgerbezeichnung.

Doch wird es, scheint wohl aber nicht geklappt zu haben. Werde das mal checken.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

Yes. You could mount a FreeNAS SMB share, in OMV, using the Remote Mount plugin. To connect to a FreeNAS SMB share with Remote Mount, you'd need the username and password of a user that has access to the SMB share. After that, you'd be able to set up…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't think the images are experimental and most of the newer boards with real gigabit (renegade for instance) are extremely fast and stable (from my testing). I think they might be just as stable or better than some of the
  • weisong -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to install docker plus.

Thread
    hi all. my raspberrypi3b+ openmediavault want to install docker plus but, I don't know how to operate, please teach me. thank you
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

Quote from drwhowhogrub: “Can I mount SMB or FTP from FreeNas in OMV? ” With the remotemount plugin, you can. You just need to make sure you use a user with the proper permissions.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrOMzVG' (size=0)..

If you haven't upgraded to the latest omv version (see my signature) in the updates tab, then you need to do that. This was fixed a while ago. The version you installed from iso or image means little since you can update to the latest in the updates…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “I wouldn't make a decision based on a handful of unreasonable users. They'll be there regardless of the platform supported. On the other hand, even being the slow performer that it is, the R-PI attracts more new users to OMV than…
  • bvrulez -

My Kingston 16 GB and 8 GB USB storage both are "damaged". I hardly used them. I really appreciate your reply, because I did not know neither etcher nor F3.
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates…
  • MtVinterest -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrOMzVG' (size=0)..

Thread
    This failure randomly appears when I do some adjustments. I can mostly ignore this error, but I have to redo my previous action. Thanks in advance!
  • vendo23 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x can i grap my files using a ethernet cable.

Also please note, if you want Samba to work over the second ethernet connection, you'll need to edit the smb.conf file on your Debian server. You do this by: login as root nano /etc/samba/smb.conf At the very top, underneath Global settings,…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “"Doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+" ” Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings...
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Folder Permissions.

Thanks for explaining that. I have news too. It's solved!! although i did not do anything, I just approached it from a different angle(One of my children's laptops to be precise) I deleted all but the three top level folders (Business,Family and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates and/or ask how to fix…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from tkaiser: “C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on preparing stuff for no reason. ” I spent 3…