Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation Problems.

Quote from mgjsmith: “Quote from geaves: “Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB.Put up your full m'board info, make model etc. ” I have…
  • ogghi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Human memory issue, how was the setup done?.

Thread
    Hi Folks, I was in a coma for some time, came back and figured out I have a server :) Cool! Passwords also are no issues to remember (luckily). The only issue is I don't remember how the storage was set up. I see in the GUI a ZFS volume with 6 disks,…
  • mgjsmith -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB. Put up your full m'board info, make model etc. ” I have successfully installed the OS onto…
  • Quote from geaves: “you can turn off the messages by going into Notifications and in the notifications tab uncheck software raid ” He's smart and does not use mdraid but btrfs' own mirror mode (differences) so I doubt you can adjust anything within…
  • There seems to be some sort of delay in the mountpoint being initialised, you can turn off the messages by going into Notifications and in the notifications tab uncheck software raid. But you really need someone to suggest the appropriate fix.
  • donh -

Use blkid to see the uid of your drives. Look at your /etc/fstab and be sure it points / to the correct drive. If it points to /dev/sdx change it to the uid.
  • GTvert90 -

Posted the thread SATA card.

Thread
    Lightning took out my server. I was using an ASRock extreme6 with 10 SATA ports. That motherboard has been discontinued. Instead of searching for a motherboard with a large amount of SATA ports. I thought I might be better off getting a SATA card (not…
  • Hi guys, I installed OMV on a SSD and added 2x 3TB HDD's in a RAID1 using BtrFS. Everything worked fine for at least one year. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my System to 2x 4TB. So I replaced the two disks seperatly using the btrfs replace
  • geaves -

Ok you can boot provided when no other drives are connected, so the only option I can think of is to boot from either Gparted Live CD with all your drives connected or the SystemRecueCd and run wipefs. The fact that it can boot from the USB means that…
  • ness1602 -

Again ,check BIOS boot order and everything else.
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

You can mount degraded RAID1 and try to salvage data.
  • jollyrogr -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Judibet: “RAID > 0 is used to avoid Data Lost ” Wrong. If you play RAID you need backup. 'RAID > 0' is about availability and not data protection as you might be able to realize right now. Next time better implement data protection…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Judibet: “To avoid mistake and data lost, what please I have to do? ” Do backup the next time. RAID is not backup and no one needs RAID at home.
  • mgjsmith -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB. Put up your full m'board info, make model etc. ” I have successfully installed the OS onto…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Please don't. Use a VPN if you need to access your server from outside your network.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked evilfootware’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
    voted. Netdata and unifi controller/unifi video would be good videos
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
    How about something for Urbackup, for beginners? Something like: 1. Installing the plugin - create an admin user. 2. How to relocate the client backup save directory, from the boot drive, to a data disk. 3. Install the client side app., on a Windows…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

The just anyhow would not go down well :)
  • geaves -

Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB. Put up your full m'board info, make model etc.