Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) docker - modify machine "forgets" paramters.

I think I know. Maybe the host ip 0.0.0.0 that the plugin uses by default. When changing a container that was created from cli is usually 8080:80 vs the plugin 0.0.0.0:8080:80 So it probably fails to validate the ports if the host ip is not present when…
  • nicjo814 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) docker - modify machine "forgets" paramters.

I have to test this too. Haven't noticed it myself before.
  • subzero79 -

I think the port settings get lost when you select a restart policy. I am not 100% sure but should be a bug in js probably. What do you think @nicjo814 ?
  • iguana007 -

Liked bbm’s post in the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Like (Post)
    Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • subzero79 -

Could be a bug. It has happened to me once or twice. But I haven’t been able to reproduce it as I try the second time it works. I’ll test it later with that line see what happens.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Firewall Log rule missing.

Just add any rule through the web panel. That should flush both chains.
  • rudis -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggestions and comments for a smal / simple NAS using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE.

Thread
    Hi, A newbie here.. some simple questions iv'e tried to find out, with limit google success. Target hardware: I thinking of using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE for a smal NAS. Adding a 2.5" HDD or SSD and 4GB of ram, and using the onboard 4GB "disk" for OS..
  • ramar -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Firewall Log rule missing.

Thread
    Dear All, I am using OMV server version 3.0.91 and i have a huge problem. I have added rule on firewall to log input connection. This worked fine. I saw all log in system logs. But when i wanted to remove that rule it is missing from firewall panel..…
  • perler -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

yes, you are right, I could have disabled it in the container. but anyways, I don't need either autodiscovery.
  • subzero79 -

Is port 5353. I think if you’re using bridge mode you don’t need to forward those upd ports as in that mode their will be no broadcast. Be aware auto Upnp discovery in plex clients won’t work.
  • LowDown -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (testing) core Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch).

Like (Post)
    To install OMV4 on an already installed Debian 9 (Stretch), simply execute the following steps: Shell-Script (11 lines)Shell-Script (15 lines)
  • MorgothQ -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) RAID 6 corrupt/failed/otherwise not working.

Thread
    I have a 6 disk RAID 6 that is no longer working following a reboot. 3 of the disks seem to be ok, but the remaining 3 disks don't even show the correct partition type ( through 'fdisk -l') and likewise claim to have no superblocks (when trying 'mdadm…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

Quote from Earththing: “I am planning on Installing OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3, installing several plug-ins including Plex ” Besides that you chose the wrong device (RPis are the most lousy boards for NAS use case, literally any other ARM board does a…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Quote from deluxecat: “what you can expect is 20 megabytes per second nas throughput (as tested with large files) ” So instead of wasting your time with a Raspberry Pi better look for any of the dirt cheap and far better alternatives that allow for…
  • perler -

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

I use 16GB with my R-PI (no dockers, a basic file server) and 32GB USB for my main server (dockers and running ZFS). I agree with @gderf. 16GB is enough and is a reasonable size to work with, for creating image files and writing clones of the boot…
  • gderf -

I run on a 16GB SSD and it's more than enough. But 8GB would be a bit small for me. Just don't put Plex's Database Library or any Dockers on it - those can go on your data drive instead.
  • Earththing -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggest MicroSD card size for Raspberry Pi 3 installation.

Thread
    I am planning on Installing OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3, installing several plug-ins including Plex. What is a good size? What NEEDS to run on the MicroSD and what is recommended to run from the MicroSD? I have a spare 32gb card, is it a waste to use that,…
  • f15h -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x How can I install LibreSonic?.

There are some pretty good instructions libresonic.github.io/docs/install/war/
  • clickwir -

Replied to the thread Can mount btrfs file system, cannot unmount.

So poking around in there I see 3 things referencing the filesystem in question. Not sure what I should do with them though. Source Code (30 lines)