Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Earthlings -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

BTW... I don't know unix or linux at all :) coming from Windows y'all
  • Earthlings -

Quote from syrusstk: “Actually you can use an NTFS HDD on your OMV with no problem at all not recommended but not that hard to do actually. The biggest problem I had was to actually have write access on the HDD and that was because windows does…
  • Earthlings -

Quote from jollyrogr: “1. Buy new drive. 2. Install in OMV using Linux FS of choice. (I use ext4 but I thought I read somewhere that OMV was moving away from ext4?) 3. Copy files over your network from NTFS drive connected to a Windows machine to the…
  • gderf -

/ntfs is not a valid Container path. Only /data, /config, and /transcode are valid.
  • Earthlings -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Earthlings: “Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please. ” You can't make OMV 'support' NTFS....think about what you have asked and rephrase it. Perhaps you'll get an answer.
  • 109 visits and no one has a clue or a suggestion for it? Preeeeeeeeeeeeetty please :D?!?!
  • syrusstk -

Quote from gderf: “Quote from syrusstk: “Than for example give access to it to your plex server (all your mounted devices are under /srv mine has a funny long name forum.openmediavault.org/index…c19bd75953d279c9173c8f20f) ” You can not invent a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Njuilpo: “And confirm that it will fit in the RockPro64 case. ” Just about any low profile card will work.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from ggibeau: “Shows active raid5 now rebooted ” Your array was fixed with the command but after rebooting, it is probably going into auto-read-only again. This generally happens when something is wrong with the array/drive in the array. I…
  • gderf -

Quote from syrusstk: “Than for example give access to it to your plex server (all your mounted devices are under /srv mine has a funny long name forum.openmediavault.org/index…c19bd75953d279c9173c8f20f) ” You can not invent a docker Container path.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS Mirror Pool creation fails on LUKS-encrypted devices.

Quote from dziekon: “Feel free to review my code here ” That is an impressive amount of work. We appreciate all the help we can get :)
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault.

Quote from Earthlings: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS ” Why? ” Don't ask why, just answer the question please. For example, just to make you happy, the reason I want to OMV to support…
  • jollyrogr -

1. Buy new drive. 2. Install in OMV using Linux FS of choice. (I use ext4 but I thought I read somewhere that OMV was moving away from ext4?) 3. Copy files over your network from NTFS drive connected to a Windows machine to the new drive in OMV 4. Put…
  • syrusstk -

Actually you can use an NTFS HDD on your OMV with no problem at all not recommended but not that hard to do actually. The biggest problem I had was to actually have write access on the HDD and that was because windows does something stupid and blocks…
  • Michelle_Br -

Replied to the thread Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x.

ah fein ..... *lächelt Ich danke Dir sehr, denn DAS wußte ich nicht. Ich dachte bisland, man müsse prinzipiell alle Plugins deinstallieren, die nicht EXAKT gleich sind. Und die nicht unerheblichen Fehlerthreads beim Upgrade haben mir ganz schön Angst…
  • geaves -

Quote from Earthlings: “Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please. ” You can't make OMV 'support' NTFS....think about what you have asked and rephrase it. Perhaps you'll get an answer.
  • cracksilver -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

here the output: Source Code (18 lines) and Source Code (13 lines)
  • Earthlings -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Thread
    Hello all, I understand that NTFS is highly not recommended for OMV (which I love so much, thank you for building this software for us). I still want to try it out because I have several hard drives (NTFS) filled with contents. I want to plug them into…
  • cracksilver -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

Hi again i can't believe that. After install plex plugin same problem as I this thread started. No access to web-gui. just a blank site. Doing all this stuff doesn't help: Source Code (4 lines)any idea?
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Just curious, why do you need to transcode the content you're watching? Is all your content in some odd format that the Xbox 360's can't play? The only thing I would say about that hardware is that it's not very power efficient, if you care about that.…