Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrading MB/CPU To Kaby Lake Info Needed.

You don't say what your current hardware is so it's not possible to give you a good answer.
  • ANACKY99 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Upgrading MB/CPU To Kaby Lake Info Needed.

Thread
    Hi Love The Open Media Platform,Im Currently Running Version 4 and i'm considering moving my OMV/Plex setup To a new build as my current hardware is becoming somewhat out of date so would like to know first off is OMV compatible With Intel's 8th Gen…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

First time when I configured my server with letsencrypt and nextcloud, everything worked from the first try but when I reinstalled my server for some reason it gave me a lot of trouble, nginx was not helping spent a full night and still did not manage…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Quote from tkaiser: “But not really helpful for those people who not visit the forum and ask (more than 2000 downloads per week for the RPi image -- how many of these users turn up here?) ” @votdev : @tkaiser has a legitimate point - most SBC users…
  • nfgb -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Hi, I'm planning buying an Nanopi M4 4Gb for OMV. I plan using OMV for smb sharing (I have 2 usb3 hdd), download manager and backup (Urbackup or Duplicati). Additionally I also plan to use the SBC for hostapd, tvheadend and home assistant. Is Nanopi M4…
  • bowe -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x No space left mergeFS.

Like (Post)
    Troubles with your boot drive... If my boot media (where OMV lives) was throwing errors like that, I'd rebuild. Corruption of some sort is possible so I wouldn't trust it. I'd also be concerned with multiple drive failures, at the same time. A…
  • bowe -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x No space left mergeFS.

False alarm @flmaxey! I was about to make a clean installaion and saw 3 disks connected, OMV ssd, USB with OMW and a Sata drive. So I missed one of my drives whyle troubleshooting, guess what, that disk was giving all the errors. We're are back on…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

@syrusstk That worked but Firefox browser won't allow me to connect, because it claims that I have a self-signed certification, which I do not. The Cert with Letsencrypt is not "self-signed", is it? There was no "exception" button so I could not view the…
  • raev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

I was about to open a new thread when I saw this one. I wan't to use Duplicati with Docker, as the plugin has ruined my OMV-installation more than once. But I can't find a guide to set it up in OMV, and the video from technodadlife only shows how to…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Like (Post)
    NEW RELEASE - New theme (Santa's elf) - Make it snow (well it adds snow) The snow effect should be easy on your CPU and GPU. For those celebrating Christmas, Happy Christmas. For those who don't well enjoy the Holidays or Vacation days. As for me…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error: Failed to execute command 'export Path.

Quote from funibeer: “Does anyone have some Ideas why this is happening ” Don't manually add the omv-extras repos to your sources.list. Just install omv-extras and it will add them to a separate file.
  • @votdev & @tkaiser TBH I know the limitations of the Pi, the real problem is that most users do not, it's available in the market place and there are number of distros that run on the Pi, but OMV is the most attractive. What we should be doing is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “You do realise we (yes that includes me) are now showing our age we look at a PC as a functional item, it does a job and provided it does that job then we're happy. ” I still don't get it. I wouldn't want my workstation to look…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Quote from geaves: “@votdev & @tkaiser TBH I know the limitations of the Pi, the real problem is that most users do not, it's available in the market place and there are number of distros that run on the Pi, but OMV is the most attractive. What we…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error: Failed to execute command 'export Path.

The syntax of the repository is incorrect Source Code (2 lines) You have to replace {distribution} and {components} with the correct values.
  • Spyrious -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to save grub configuration..

At this point I don't mind anymore.I can open a terminal via putty.Maybe it fixes itself after an update.I want to thank you both for your help!!!
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

The error messages make sense, but nevertheless i'm really out of ideas what is going wrong on your system.
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to access / mount installation drive?.

You could still use your system HDD as a shared folder but you need to use GPART on it and resize the main partition to a reasonable 10-20 GB and the rest make a new partition that way you can add shared folders to the system HDD. (How to partition and
  • badda -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

It does not have to be offline - only the services with write access to important files can be stopped upfront. Or even better: Have a special systemctl target that takes care of that and go back to graphical.target after dd is finished. To the files…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

How about blinking Green and Red lights in the SMART, Devices, Tab? :) (Sorry, the Grinch got into me. :D )