Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Does it show up under Disks? I've not tried to make a pool on a USB thumb stick before, there may be something else going on.
  • NASNoob1 -

The drive list is empty. What to do here?
  • vcdwelt -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wrong File owner, something very strange happened.

Backup is done now :thumbsup: and your small tutorial for Recovery is saved in my Bookmarks :whistling: Another Question, is it possible to include in this Backup, also another Partition of the Server? I have createt another Partition on my SSD, where the Configs of…
  • markob -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x FTP folders per user.

Thread
    Is there an option, when users login to FTP server, with user:pass to see only folders allowed by admin, and to have read access. For example if i have 2 users, and i allow access to one of them to the folder Live and i do not wish second user to be able…
  • bkeadle -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Frequent Communication Failures.

I too am getting frequent timeout errors, and Bad Gateway. Seems that my CPU is awfully high, and may be the culprit. Attached is a printscreen of top. Seems odd to have so many lvdisplay processes.
  • donh -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x LDAP / Active Directory Sumary.

Thread
    There are quite a few different active directory or ldap servers out there. They can provide user access and authentication to omv. There are many threads going back to the early days of omv. There is even a plugin. The biggest issue in most threads is…
  • peekaa -

Replied to the thread WOL not possible after SW update.

Well, I didnt know about this settings . Anyway its enabled prntscr.com/kijlpj.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

You need to keep drilling down. Now run du -d1 -h -x /var/lib/ | sort -h It shouldn't show space usage from a symlink.
  • ellnic -

Goto the ZFS tab in OMV and create the Pool from there. forum.openmediavault.org/index…787961f273e7308d85732ea0d forum.openmediavault.org/index…787961f273e7308d85732ea0d BUT..... ZFS is gonna kill that thumb stick REALLY quick and the performance…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread WOL not possible after SW update.

Do you have WOL enabled in the network settings in the GUI of OMV?
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

I got all excited then for a minute.. I thought Proxmox might offer some kind of livepatch, but their solution is to use Kernel Care ;( This would be another win if OMV moved to Ubuntu. Canonical allow you to register 3 systems for free. That's probably…
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

Thanks. I have Plex installed and I did a symlink for Log folder to place them in an external usb hdd. Could this influence the rootfs space usage despite of symlink? Source Code (11 lines)
  • ransur0t -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 Resolved postfix.

Quote from travica: “i solved the problem in /etc/postfix/main.cf on line inet_interfaces = loopback-only change to localhost and now is working. Thanks for your help. ” Bingo, that solved my issue with notification emails not working after the…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

Active directory is very dependent on dns. root@OMV-VM10:~# realm join -U administrator MYDOMAIN.local --verbose * Resolving: _ldap._tcp.mydomain.local * Resolving: mydomain.local * No results: mydomain.local realm: Cannot join this realm
  • ransur0t -

Liked travica’s post in the thread OMV 0.2 Resolved postfix.

Like (Post)
    i solved the problem in /etc/postfix/main.cf on line inet_interfaces = loopback-only change to localhost and now is working. Thanks for your help.
  • bkeadle -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false.

Thread
    I had rebooted my OMV, and was surprised to find my RAID devices gone. Fortunately using this command *seemed* like it restored the /dev/md4 target Source Code (1 line) But now I see a /dev/md4 showing in a clean state, and a /dev/md4p1 in a false…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Jip’s post in the thread Problem with simple file sharing.

Like (Post)
    Decided to try out if I could get it working with Docker. Finally got it up and running this way. Now that it's working, I'm not going to try the built in SMB service any more. I guess my initial problem was indeed related to permissions. So case…
  • llaumgui -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Login notification user.

Thread
    Hi, When I login to my WebGUI a mail is send by this function: github.com/openmediavault/open…ault/rpc/session.inc#L124 The problem is taht the mail is send to my admin@omv.localdomain mail. Is there a way to change this mail ? I use /etc/alias and…
  • ellnic -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ellnic: “So it's the latest 4.15, right? ” Yep.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from ellnic: “So it's the latest 4.15, right? ” Yep.