Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• lol duh.. ty
  • sam_scade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Hi ryecoaaron and thanks to take time to help me (us) 1/- I can create (or I don't see if it must be created automaticly after remote mount connected) a share folder based on remot mount device 2/- nfs shares are in not nfsv4 (not checked in my remote…
  • poixil -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Connection refused.

Quote from macom: “You typed the IP address in the address bar of the browser, right? Are you sure you used the correct IP address? Have you checked which IP address has been assigned to your OMV server? Have you enabled SSL/TLS? Have you forced…
  • garyi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x No visual feedback on raid initialization.

Thread
    Hi. It used to be when you made a raid there would be a spinning ball thing or a percentage cannot remember which. Now when you create a raid it says to wait until the raid is initialised before creating a file system, however there is no visual…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Quote from macom: “In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way). ” Now I'm feeling like an idiot ;)
  • raven66 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Like (Post)
    In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way).
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way).
  • raven66 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from raven66: “So, basically, if I boot my machine with Clonezilla Live USB and make an image of disk, then everything I have to do, is restore img to sda, right? This is what you mean by "easier"? ” Yes Quote from raven66: “So, correct me…
  • Falco -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 OMV is not loading from USB.

Quote from williamraj: “I'm trying to have OMV run from a usb stick on an old laptop to test things out. When it load I can successfully enter the boot menu to select USB, but the OS on th HDD always loads anyway. I created the usb stick with Etcher…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 OMV is not loading from USB.

Which ISO file are you using? This one should be the correct one: sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/4.1.3/ This ISO is not a life system, but is used to install OMV on a target drive.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

Quote from raven66: “No, it was formatted and wiped by GParted even before I put my machine together, and then I wipe both of them with OMV GUI, just to be sure. ” A lot of wiping utilities don't remove the zfs signature though. That is why I asked.…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread My first "real" ;) NAS.

Hi macom. Actually, they are different. Both are 3TB in size, but one is brand new IronWolf, which I bought specifically for NAS, and the second one is old Barracuda (desktop drive), which is some yrs old, but it was laying in the drawer unused. And I'm…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Quote from raven66: “So, basically, if I boot my machine with Clonezilla Live USB and make an image of disk, then everything I have to do, is restore img to sda, right? This is what you mean by "easier"? ” Yes Quote from raven66: “So, correct me…
  • blindguy -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Plex running after install, but not enabled.

Like (Post)
    I don't know why you are seeing that, but it sounds like something got corrupted during an install/remove attempt. apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver should be enough to fully remove it. I suggest running Plex in a docker instead of using…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

No, it was formatted and wiped by GParted even before I put my machine together, and then I wipe both of them with OMV GUI, just to be sure.
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Quote from raven66: “And why most of you advise using clonezilla instead? ” Because it is easier. ” Thank you for clarification. So, basically, if I boot my machine with Clonezilla Live USB and make an image of disk, then…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread My first "real" ;) NAS.

Welcome raven66. I see you have two identical data drives, but no RAID configured, yet. In case you are considering to build a RAID please check first, if you really want RAID. There are many threads in the forums related to this. It seems in most…
  • raven66 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from raven66: “With these, am I good to go with system backup? ” Yes. Quote from raven66: “Is this plugin working correctly and how to restore this backup in case of sh...emergency? ” Yes it is working correctly. How to restore from an omv-backup?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Connection refused.

You typed the IP address in the address bar of the browser, right? Are you sure you used the correct IP address? Have you checked which IP address has been assigned to your OMV server? Have you enabled SSL/TLS? Have you forced SSL/TLS? What is the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

The logs are not the big user of space. The database is. That is why it is filling your drive. An 8GB root drive is not helping you either.