Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Quote from Earthlings: “Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please. ” You can't make OMV 'support' NTFS....think about what you have asked and rephrase it. Perhaps you'll get an answer.
  • cracksilver -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

here the output: Source Code (18 lines) and Source Code (13 lines)
  • Earthlings -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Thread
    Hello all, I understand that NTFS is highly not recommended for OMV (which I love so much, thank you for building this software for us). I still want to try it out because I have several hard drives (NTFS) filled with contents. I want to plug them into…
  • cracksilver -

Hi again i can't believe that. After install plex plugin same problem as I this thread started. No access to web-gui. just a blank site. Doing all this stuff doesn't help: Source Code (4 lines)any idea?
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Just curious, why do you need to transcode the content you're watching? Is all your content in some odd format that the Xbox 360's can't play? The only thing I would say about that hardware is that it's not very power efficient, if you care about that.…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

The tricky part is getting the sound card set up before everything else.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault.

Quote from Earthlings: “Don't ask why, just answer the question ” With this attitude you clearly seek for paid consultancy. Have a nice live.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Like (Post)
    No problem. Now you might an idea why I was nudging you toward an existing media server Docker "How-To". :) And while it's a great idea, note that you may run into networking issues when running OMV, with Dockers, in a VM. Virtualbox uses a secondary…
  • Earthlings -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS ” Why? ” Don't ask why, just answer the question please. For example, just to make you happy, the reason I want to OMV to support NTFS is because I have 2TB…
  • cruachan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

The Docker How-to is very good. Would definitely recommend it to anyone else new to the subject, a great primer. Understand about the VM network potential issues. I usually run the VM with the Bridged Adaptor network setting so it appears directly on…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by raulfg3 on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
    Hi Raulfg3, I did a video on Wetty. Very cool. Everyone should love this. Good find. youtu.be/yiMZUW2yxj4
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/yiMZUW2yxj4 Today, we install Wetty to access the terminal in one click.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x remove missing hard disk.

You'll have to carry on searching the config.xml the shared folder will be in there relating to the drive, there would have been a more straightforward route with the xml being the last resort.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by tr3bjockey on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
    Thanks! Glad to help!
  • cracksilver -

Thank you macom With this cron after Update - "stdin: is not a tty" it works well. cracksilver
  • cracksilver -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

Like (Post)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Njuilpo: “I tried to found the link to a good PCI-E to SATA adapter you post somewhere in a forum, but couldn't find it again, could you please post it here? ” The ASM1061 is IMO doing fine for spinning rust (HDDs) even if it only…
  • elberton -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x remove missing hard disk.

no. I Have add # on fstab on the line with the default hard drive. I have delete some line in config.xml I have one folder ine shared folder with this old hard drive but i can't delete him with the web console. I'm searching in smb.conf but i didnt' find
  • Njuilpo -

Thanks for your answer, I'll nevertheless fork the repo to be able to build the kernel :) @tkaiser I tried to found the link to a good PCI-E to SATA adapter you post somewhere in a forum, but couldn't find it again, could you please post it here? Thanks
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Njuilpo: “Those are user-made custom builds? Once installed, will it be a problem to upgrade them? ” No problems. Debian updates are fetched from upstream Debian repos, OMV upgrades from there and the only thing that's device specific…