Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warlock00 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

La ringrazio molto per la risposta, scusa ma ho sbagliato a scrivere e volevo dire cartelle Vorrei semplicemente spostare i file da A a B senza dover utilizzare un client che ridurrebbe notevolmente il tempo se non mi sbaglio, come dovrei fare…
  • Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Ok thank you but so close I need to change usb key every 4 months ... I can use the garantee of the product ^^. I think to use my first back up. otherwise i will need to save all data on others disk ... because if I reinstall all the OS and create the…
  • Vtibi -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x VPN - what are the internal VPN-IPs.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RudiSH: “Hi and thx, the port 1194 UDP is already open. What i have to change in my *opvn file ? I don't understand, what you mean. Do i have to change something in the first 14 lines ? ” Be sure that you have a Public address set (it is…
  • ryecoaaron -

I agree you should re-install. Use OMV 4.x as well. You can use a usb stick (make sure it is new) as long as you have the flashmemory plugin installed like you did previously.
  • Vtibi -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN - can't log in.

Like (Post)
    After poking a while to make this work and yes THIS thread helped a lot to figure out my problem. Could not find a tutorial for this at all but here it is my attempt of creating one: - First install the plugin (openmediavault-openvpn 4.0.1) SETTINGS:
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

The output is fine, I can't see any errors.
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 - Plötzlich keine Datenfestplatten mehr (Mount-Problem?).

• syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x VPN - what are the internal VPN-IPs.

Quote from RudiSH: “Hi and thx, the port 1194 UDP is already open. What i have to change in my *opvn file ? I don't understand, what you mean. Do i have to change something in the first 14 lines ? ” Be sure that you have a Public address set (it is…
  • Jieta25460 -

I don't like the result ... I should install again the system on a new media ... I know the best is to install it on a hard disk but it don't exist hard disk with 4 or 8go and use a bigger I find that ridiculous because on the other case I use a big RAID…
  • Jieta25460 -

Yes my system has been installed with official OMV ISO... there is only a 'local' access ... I don't touch any parameters to have a external access but maybe there is one I don't know. Maybe the USB key where is install the OS is failing more and more…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

QuellcodeQuellcode bearbeiten [*]root@mfserver:~# cat /proc/mdstat [*]Personalities : [raid1] [*]md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb[0] sdc[1] [*] 1465007488 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU] [*] bitmap: 0/11 pages [0KB], 65536KB…
  • barney5 -

Source Code (6 lines) Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (10 lines)Source Code (21 lines) Source Code (3 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

You should be able to look at dmesg as a regular user. Did you install this setup from the OMV iso? What is the output of sudo dmesg | tail -n10 I'm really starting to wonder if you system has been hacked or if the install media is failing. Is it on…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Time for RMA ended August 26, 2018, the drives have more than 26k hours runtime, I have them for quite a while. Zeroing might help, I keep that in mind, but does the drive an correction by assigning new areas by itself or do I need to force it to do…
  • FlotteTotte -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Ja nen Paar Infos zu meinem System wären wohl sinnvoll :D NAS --> GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H, i3-7100, 8 GB RAM, OMV 4 System auf MP500 Series 120GB M.2 NVMe, 7x 4TB WD RED Die Logs kann man sich doch auch direkt in der OMV Oberfläche ansehen, oder mit mc…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

what do you mean by "cards you created"? In order to avoid messing up file permissions its best to move files around remotely using samba shares or FTP or NFS, etc. If you want to do it on OMV via SSH, the files are located in the /srv directory. The…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

community.wd.com/t/wd-red-4tb-with-pending-sectors/167769 Zeroing the drive may get rid of the errors. I have had success with that. If you get more errors it might be time to RMA.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

I think you're confused about what unionFS does... unionFS or mergerFS merely combines file systems on discrete physical drives so that it appears to the user as one large file system. When you get a 3rd disk, you can setup snapraid with 2 data disks…
  • Jieta25460 -

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Time machine backup on SMB share.

Quote from ajaja: “TimeMachine now sort of works ” Apple invented an own AFP call for TimeMachine back at 10.5 times and did the same with SMB defining a new SMB Extensions for the simple reason to sync data to disk without having layers in between…