Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

I also have to mention that I recently did a rollback with snapper on the HC2. It worked in the sense that the system was up and running as expected, but snapper was not configured any more. Probably because arm devices are not using grub which seems to…
  • KM0201 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! ” That is one of the reasons it is listed in the common problem section (see below).
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Abandoned plugins.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from macom: “Just want to mention, that snapper is doing this ” Yep. But snapper only does snapshots and as such only prevents from logical failures (like accidentally deleting/overwriting data or when used on the rootfs after failing software…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! ” That is one of the reasons it is listed in the common problem section (see below).
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from vcdwelt: “What will be the best way to self maintain my PLex Installation without breaking anything? Would it be that easy, i only have to add the official Plex Repo to my OMV Installation, like described here:…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Win32DiskImager on Windows 10 and upgrading from 3.0.94.

You can also use Clonezilla. But you have to boot clonezilla live.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being…
  • macom -

Quote from tkaiser: “if you do snapshots then choose a tool that automates everything for you and deletes unneeded snapshots based on a retention policy ” Just want to mention, that snapper is doing this. You can configure snapper to create snapshots…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Docker Issue on Install.

Quote from tmdart: “Installed docker gui, which fails. ” Don't do this. I don't have a good way to fix the plugin to work on the RPi. If you install docker-ce first and have that successfully installed, then you can install the plugin. Quote from…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Niemand: “too much overhead ” Docker has less overhead than just about anything out there including LXC. Quote from Niemand: “too much potential of data loss ” If you setup your volumes/bind mounts, you shouldn't lose data anymore…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Failed to create a file system.

Quote from St0ne: “As far as i understand the error, php5 is missing. Is it possible to just install php5? I am really new to linux. ” Debian 9 does not have php5 packages. OMV 4.x uses php 7.x as well. That why I thought you have something…
  • genista -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! I didn't even think about this zenario but this was it . Thank you very much. genista ” It's easy to overlook, but it's probably one of the most common questions that come up after people…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved plugins not installable.

Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! I didn't even think about this zenario but this was it . Thank you very much. genista ” It's easy to overlook, but it's probably one of the most common questions that come up after people…
  • NasAxMan -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread cockpit on RPi.

Like (Post)
    Quote from NasAxMan: “W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1 ” This warning is the usual result of activating the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread cockpit on RPi.

Quote from NasAxMan: “W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1 ” This warning is the usual result of activating the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread cockpit on RPi.

It could be because of the Pi, but as to the temp measurement mine doesn't have it in the system tab as @ryecoaaron pointed out some modules may not work as expected.
  • Niemand -

why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to date on our own?