Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

New problem. Now I can not add a Shared Folder because there are no devices to select, why?
  • moreje -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Remote share plugin.

I have the same permission issue..but can't find how to fix it.. the plugin is configured with an admin id/pwd to mount the remote share which user should be configured on the remote share? when the plugin wants to write on it, wich user will be used?…
  • DonCanalie -

Replied to the thread Can't login into webgui.

No, in this case, this is not the problem. The disk is only 12 % in use.
  • Barracuda -

@jollyrogr You brought me to the idea to edit fstab adding my disks manually. Now it's working! The disks were successfully mounted and now I curiously can access the File Systems menu, too. Somebody knows what could be the reason for that behavior?
  • Dropkick Murphy -

Replied to the thread Can't login into webgui.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Quote from subzero79: “Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning. ” I think I mentioned this before. I set my Docker base path…
  • gabs247 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Like (Post)
    Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning.
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Quote from flmaxey: “ …there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet PLEX stores nearly…
  • Bert105 Bertolt11 -

Posted the thread Virtualbox for Omv3 doesn't work.

Thread
    Hello, I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors: Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with…
  • drewgost -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Thanks macom I decided to go with 3.0.94 Erasmus new install, it went flawless and I did follow your thoughts on removing all data drives first. Next step will be to move on to 4.0 or maybe stick with this for awhile.
  • moreje -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) remote_mounts permissions problem.

Thread
    Hello, I successfully added a SMB share using remote_mounts plugin, but I get permission issues only root can write in the mount point normal users can't I can't change (using ACL/privileges) access rights.... how can I fix that? do I need to have same…
  • Barracuda -

Here are the outputs: Source Code (11 lines)Source Code (5 lines)
  • RainerUwe -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Autoshutdown and TVHeadend SleepScript wont work.

@Huberer Thank you! Somehow the dvbsky-sleep.service wasn't staring at boot, but maybe I will have to search for any old scripts in /pm/.. Anyway when I start the service manual with systemctl status dvbsky-sleep.service everything is working! :) Thank…
  • jollyrogr -

If you are running 4.9 kernel that should be good i would think... I'm probably wrong but I was thinking the default kernel for omv3 was 3.16, but maybe that was the default debian jessie kernel since I installed jessie, then omv on top of it. …
  • gabs247 -

Ok, so what's the best way to do this then, as I want to try to set up some Docker Containers but I won't have enough space on my OS drive? Is it good practice to remove the noexec flag on my data drives? Thanks
  • Ralms -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Is Plex plugin abandoned?.

Quote from gderf: “Plex is being kept current on OMV 4.x amd64. I am not sure what is happening on OMV 3.x. Current build in the repo is 1.10.1.4602 which is what is also currently being provided by Plex.tv. The current beta version (PlexPass) is…
  • Valsi -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Hi, have ordered last week following parts: ODROID-HC1 : Home Cloud One plus 6A powersupply and other parts from Hardkernel for having a complete home Server. Additionally 1TB Seagate BarraCuda 2,5'' So I'm looking forward to see the improvement to my…
  • gabs247 -

Quote from subzero79: “I believe your issue might be that the drive has noexec flag. Is it ext4? If you need to change the noexec flag permanently go to the wiki in my signature you can information on how to change this correctly” PRobably, I'll…
  • subzero79 -

I believe your issue might be that the drive has noexec flag. Is it ext4? If you need to change the noexec flag permanently go to the wiki in my signature you can information on how to change this correctly