Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Quote from mrperfektone: “sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda :) What device do you use for nas trohn_javolta? ” Odroid Hc2 like others here. Thx that worked: 192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0 Looks good…
  • datadigger -

Liked Ac90’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Problem with Samba after upgrade 3.x -> 4.x.

Like (Post)
    Hi Peterparker, Thank you very much, I did not find it during my research, so as explained in the first link I added ntlm auth = yes to the extra options of the samba settings tab and... it works :) Regards, Ac90
  • ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

Also of interest (perhaps): Both of the "Backports" "traffic lights" are lit up on the dropdown. 1FunLqo.png But when I click on "Enable backports" the interface seems to indicate that it's doing some work. fIFozZ2.png And afterward, both…
  • ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

@ryecoaaron So, just to see the state of "things" in "that doesn't work land" I went and bought another computer today. After a fresh OMV4 install, installing OMV-extras, enabling backports and clicking apt-clean, here's what my "OMV-Extras' looks like.…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Different Micro sd size.

Quote from Adoby: “OMV doesn't expand the rootfs to fill the available space. Only to 7-8GB. So it should work perfectly to restore the rootfs from a 32GB card to a 16GB card or the other way around, if you don't manually resize the rootfs. I do this,…
  • danieliod -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “In that output, I don't see any reason the service wouldn't start unless that is the output after you manually start it. ” I have restarted the system and the docker didn't load, i ran: journalctl -u docker.service and this is the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “The router is the DHCP server and the DNS proxy. The router forwards DNS requests to the Pi-hole/Docker. Pi-hole forwards to unbound, on the OMV host. ” Your router obviously allows you to do that, but the BT Home Hub, is a…
  • I've never figured out how to fix this. I just restore a working backup of the rootfs to the SD card and carry on. This happened to me a lot because my HDDs are incompatible with hdparm and activating ANY of the physical disk properties caused them to…
  • Adoby -

OMV doesn't expand the rootfs to fill the available space. Only to 7-8GB. So it should work perfectly to restore the rootfs from a 32GB card to a 16GB card or the other way around, if you don't manually resize the rootfs. I do this, and it works…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Rasberry pi 3 b+.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Try to stay away ACLs. ” Do you mean shared folder ACLs? Can you please explain why? I have found that in life the devil is in the details, and little things like ACL settings can mean the difference between success or failure…
  • Nefertiti -

Just wondering how to do this since if I have 16GB SD and if I want to create a backup on 32 GB with disk32 disk imager I cannot reuse the smaller size since the system expand into the all unused area as soon I will use the bigger SD. is there a…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

I guess I spoke too soon. My disk refused to stay mounted/referenced. I stumbled across this thread that explains that there is something amiss with the odroid-hc2 sata firmware that is incompatible with enabling anything on physical disk properties. I…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Source Code (33 lines)I think I found a possible solution at least I got only one ip only although my router still flag it as DHCP I found it there: askubuntu.com/questions/914700…ve-a-secondary-ip-address systemctl stop dhcpcd systemctl disable…
  • ala.frosty -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV Setup Videos.

Like (Post)
    Here are some helpful setup videos of different parts of OMV. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos Suggest other videos to be created.
  • ala.frosty -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Solutions to common problems.

Like (Post)
    Here is a list of problems with potential solutions (these videos may help as well): Problem #1: Web interface has missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled. Solution #1: Clear your browser cache. Problem #2: I mounted the drive…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

You could statically set the DNS address, while leaving the IP address on automatic (DHCP). (I've done that before, but I forget the reason why...) But if you're there, you might as well do it all. I can say this much: I have no idea how much it…
  • Chrisso -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV 4 Docker "Dead".

How many times have heard that ” Yeah it was my oversight. Should have paid more attention in the tutorial video where he explained my exact issue. :thumbsup: Running Sonarr rather…
  • Chrisso -

Replied to the thread OMV3 Image for RP2/3.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Chrisso: “Not sure what the issue is but its "state" is "dead". ” Did you use an armhf specific docker? ” I wasn't so all fix now. I should have paid more attention to one of the tutorial videos which explained…
  • crwulff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Error Being Emailed on Regular Basis.

It looks like it is left-over config files from php5-pam (which is no longer available.) sudo apt remove php5-pam --purge will remove those config files and got rid of the periodic emailed error for me anyway.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Yes that looks right. Everything disabled. But it should be "/dev/sda" not "/ dev / sda". I assume that the firmware update fails otherwise? You should get: "Programming & Compare Success!!" response if the update was successful. You have to power…