Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

Welcome to our server is the Letsencrypt default nginx homepage. Your configuration looks ok, but I had a similar problem as you so I fixed it by editing `nextcloud.subdomain.comf` This line: set $upstream_nexcloud nextcloud; -> set…
  • Pascal51882 -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam.

Ich habe die markierten Beiträge durchgelesen und die Extra optionen angewendet. Leider macht es fast gar keinen Unterschied. Lediglich die 40 MB/s werden nicht mehr unterschritten. Aber dennoch haben 2 von 4 PCs 100+ MB/s und meine wichtigsten nur 40…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

Quote from badda: “In case of system failure I would not have a system to dd with, only my Windows Laptop with Etcher. ” Your windows laptop can probably boot Linux. Quote from badda: “Can you elaborate a bit on what I'm supposed to to to use…
  • badda -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

In case of system failure I would not have a system to dd with, only my Windows Laptop with Etcher. Can you elaborate a bit on what I'm supposed to to to use omv-backup?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from badda: “omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error ” Why? If you use the dd option, you would only have to dd two files back to the sd card.
  • badda -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

Thread
    Hi, I would like to regularly, automatically backup my system SD-card on OMV 4.1.15 on RPi2. Clonezilla does not exist for ARM, omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error, so I wrote my own. I'm planning to use the following commands in a weekly…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot plugin pre and post execution scripts?.

Quote from topi: “The reason behind is that the application ABC should be stopped while its data are backed up due to data consistency reasons. ” Thanks. That is an excellent reason for the scripts. Didn't think of that.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).

Quote from votdev: “You can install the archive key and install it. ” true
  • flmaxey -

Wrote a comment on flmaxey’s wall.

Wall Comment
  • Rahul -

Replied to the thread [ Docker ] Enabling Docker from OMV Docker GUI throws error.

Sure, will try the troubleshoots and post the results here.
  • Rahul -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread [ Docker ] Enabling Docker from OMV Docker GUI throws error.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Rahul: “Should I reinstall omv? ” No, but have a look at this thread
  • goatmax -

Posted the thread pcie video card.

Thread
    Hi, I've been a happy user of OMV for several years now, had my 990fx / sempron 190x2 setup running fine with no video card fitted (removed it once all up and running in basement to reduce power consumption). Now since re-installing on new ssd Ive got…
  • topi -

Thanks ryecoaaron for getting back on this. A typical use case for me and perhaps others is: 1. pre-exec script: service application ABC stop 2. start rsnapshot to back directories which belong to ABC 3. post-exec script: service application ABC…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).

You can install the archive key and install it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from votdev: “I can't confirm that, the vagrant box is using exactly the same script as the guide in the forum. ” The vagrant Buster image must have extra packages and/or repos then. I'm quite familiar with installing OMV and it doesn't work…
  • votdev -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from votdev: “You are not using the OMV package repo ” Myself and a couple others had the same problem. Is there another repo other than what is in your OMV 5 install guide? And speaking of that, you can't add a repo…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from topi: “May I ask for placing a feature request for this feature: add the possibility to configure pre and post execution scripts (cmd_postexec and cmd_preexec) in the rsnapshot plugin? ” Sure. Can I ask what your use case is? Quote from…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from votdev: “You are not using the OMV package repo ” Myself and a couple others had the same problem. Is there another repo other than what is in your OMV 5 install guide? And speaking of that, you can't add a repo without it being trusted…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My docker died.

Quote from itsmyst: “Does OMV run regular docker or docker-compose? ” docker. docker-compose is just a script but is not installed by the plugin.