Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Marfio -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Marfio: “Is it right? ” Yes, if you have another cage, this will allow you to mount the drives in the caddies slide them into the cage then connect each drive to another sata controller with cables. Looks like a good plan :thumbup:
  • Freelance -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Quote from Bonecracker: “I used this Script from Angristan github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install It's pretty easy to use and straight forward if you can use the shell a bit :) It works fine for me, i created .ovpn files use openVPN on Android and the…
  • spinant -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x I can't copy or move files to shared folders from any pc or mac.

Thread
    Hi! Could somebody help me with that? I configured everything, my folders are good, my priviliges are configured, I can connect to my shared folders from any computer (win or mac) with the users I created. I can see the files and read the files but can't…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

good to know and better if this option can be added to webGUI
  • raulfg3 -

Liked NothingNowhere’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Like (Post)
    Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling. If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them. You need to enable a…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

I would wait. What are you using that you can "replug" your drives? Are the drives in an older server chassis?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Is it right? ” Yes, if you have another cage, this will allow you to mount the drives in the caddies slide them into the cage then connect each drive to another sata controller with cables. Looks like a good plan :thumbup:
  • Marfio -

Quote from geaves: “This is the service manual look from page 39 you will have to remove the backplane otherwise any hard drive within the drive cage will plug in to the P400. ” Yes. That is no problem for me. The os hard disk can go with the P400. I…
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

I'd replug every HDD and now all are online, but two devices are now on resilvered just need to wait ? thanks
  • .H. -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

Thread
    Hi, I'm using a zfs Pool, but i saw this HDD state ( by S.M.A.R.T. tool ) it's seems two device are not functionnal... :S REMOVED & UNAVAIL how can i replace them in the pool ? thanks
  • geaves -

This is the service manual look from page 39 you will have to remove the backplane otherwise any hard drive within the drive cage will plug in to the P400.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV.

Quote from Peach1200: “What should I trust in this case? ” You would be adding a trust relationship of your omv server on webroot, or it could be something to do with file types, what I think it's doing is scanning them whilst copying. Have you…
  • Adoby -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Like (Post)
  • hoppel118 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread Backup a live system.

Like (Post)
  • Marfio -

I have been working (playing) with the server. I installed a hdd to the SATA MB ports and OMV recognized it. The hd is broken, I know it, and I could’nt format but OMV tried. I think then, that is ok. I have the operating system running in the…
  • NothingNowhere -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Thread
    Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling. If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them. You need to enable a…
  • Peach1200 -

Replied to the thread Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Peach1200: “while it didn't work with Webroot on, it worked perfectly as soon as I switched it off. ” I haven't used Webroot for a long time, but if I remember there is/was a setting for trust options, would that have…
  • NothingNowhere -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread bitwarden question.

from the bitwarden page: help.bitwarden.com/article/install-on-premise/ It seems that you need to install 6 images. Also you need to change the port, since bitwarden use the 80, that is already used by OMV.
  • Peter Cool_Bln -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x festplatten lassen sich nicht einbinden. wer kann Helfen.

Also das mit dem "Löschen" (Schnell) hab ich Probiert ging nicht. ich versuche es jetzt mit "Langsam"