Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Fall into the same "trap" at first. It's quite counterintuitive for me. Of course now I know, that I have to set up a shared folder first and the "share" the shared folder via SMB. But my question is, shouldn't it be somehow connected? Maybe in dialog…
  • Cheroot -

Posted the thread OMV 0.3 Plugins are installed rsnapshot and remotemount. Error: No free space on device.

Thread
    Hi! Plugins are installed rsnapshot and remotemount. There is a server windows server 2003 on which backups with nas are copied. Configured rsnapshot and remotemount. When electricity is lost, windows server 2003 is loaded last and plugin remotemount…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best backup solution for OMV 4?.

Hi everyone. I've just set up my custom OMV on x64 Intel with SSD as a system drive and 2* 3TB HDDs. Before proceeding to further "tweaks" and adjustments, I want to have a backup clone/copy/backup of my system. I've search through documentation and…
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

I used "ln -s " to create symlink Source Code (13 lines)I did it only for logs folder. Maybe I have to move to usb hdd the media folder and keep the database on the sd to have quick access (despite of this I have a lot of slow query warn messages)…
  • KOENICH -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Thread
    I have been using Clonezilla for Backups quite frequently (following this guide), whenever there was a bigger change to the system. Yesterday I installed a bunch of updates with the result that after a reboot (which I did for another reason) nginx won't…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

I just wanted to try it, out of curiosity. Anyway, no method worked. Even after wiping the drives.
  • williamraj -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 OMV is not loading from USB.

Thread
    I'm trying to have OMV run from a usb stick on an old laptop to test things out. When it load I can successfully enter the boot menu to select USB, but the OS on th HDD always loads anyway. I created the usb stick with Etcher for windows with this iso…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread omv-engined terminate (SIGCHLD received ...).

Hello, I have/had the same problem after a fresh install. Not being able to login to the web ui, and then after running omv-engined -f -d I have the contiual executing rpc sigchild blah blah error, it's starting to fill up my boot drive. The command you…
  • Antinomy -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Dr.Proton: “Any suggestions in that direction? ” ODROID-HC2 with a new 4 TB HDD Assembling something more expensive wasting way more energy for no reason and being slower is an option too of course :) I bet 99.9% of all x86 based OMV…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “askubuntu.com/questions/35180/…he-server-from-the-client ” What is this link for? It says what I have been saying. You can't do a remote push. You *can* push with rsync and then do an rsnapshot. Some people don't like that…
  • NASNoob1 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Hide subfolder in share from specific user.

Thread
    Is it possible in general to hide subfolders of my share from specific users? In SMB > main tab > advanced settings I tried "hide unreadable = yes" But whatever permission I set up for my test user in Shared folders > "my share" > ACL this user still…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

@alex.ba I haven’t been able to reproduce this. What hardware are you running? Have you tried reading from the pool after unplugging? This will surely happen sooner rather than later and trigger the degraded state. Can you also check from the command…
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread Tapatalk users (and all!), we NEED your help!!.

You aren’t alone. I still hope this will change in the future, but at the moment I can’t say it will happen.
  • Daxx -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant delete shared Folder.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Zuescho: “Holy Smokes i was searching for this 2 weeks... ” The resetperms plugin adds a tab to the Shared Folders section that shows every place a shared folder is used.
  • Daxx -

Liked Zuescho’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Cant delete shared Folder.

Like (Post)
    HOLY F I found it. It was still listed in CLAMAV as a folder that should be scanned. Holy Smokes i was searching for this 2 weeks... This can be closed :D
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Networki setup.

You are talking about keeping the "Search domain names field empty? Rich
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Replied to the thread [Odroid HC2] [Armbian] Stretch upgrade, OMV error.

Which backup plugin? I used rsnapshot to have daily rsync backups.... which don't seem to work :( I once restored a backup the same way on another system and it worked.. Idk what I did wrong. PS: I'm still scared to do apt-get upgrade && dist-upgrade.…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread [Odroid HC2] [Armbian] Stretch upgrade, OMV error.

So you did not use the backup plugin? Then probably: Quote from ryecoaaron: “Might be easier to just write a new HC2 image to your sd card. ”
  • Highlight plexmediaserver (as in your screenshot) press edit enable the repo